Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Money Pit
By Daniel

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Well I bought the car and loved it untill the gas prices really started going up. The car acurally gets decent gas mileage if you baby it and drive it slow. However once we found out we had a child on the way I opted to trade it in on a 4 door until I realized how bad the trade in value was. For a car that cost $29,000 with only 16K miles and less than 2 years old I was offered 18K by the dealership. So I'm stuck with a nice car that didn't hold up it's value at all.

V8 is loud and puts down a lot of power.

Better paint quality. The car new had allot of dust in the paint. Better trim arround the windows that will not scratch aftermarket tint.

2 Years with my 2007 GT/CS
By David

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've now had the pleasure of owning my 2007 Mustang GT/CS for two full years. really love this car... still! So much fun to drive! So much power. Mine is a 5 speed manual, with the lower ratio rear- end. It really screams off the line. The mileage is amazing at about 29 on the highway, and about 22 around town...when I can keep my foot out of it which is pretty hard to do.

The power, and the looks. I really like the sound of the Shaker 1000 stereo too. I'm a broadcast engineer, and the FM section is about the best I've ever seen (or heard).

An outside temp reading would be nice. I can't imagine that it would be hard with the nice read-outs.

Great CS-GT
By Mikey D

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I really like the style, look, and feel of my 2007 Mustang CS-GT. I already own a 1998 GT conv. I was going to trade it in for the 2007 but I couldn't part with it. Anyways once a Mustang owner always a Mustang owner!

The power

Nothing! This car is awsome!

My 1st V8
By sk13

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Initially I was worried about fuel mileage but anyone wanting one should not be concerned. My mixed driving has returned anywhere from 19.8 MPG to 22.0 MPG and I did a highway test to see what I would get there and it turned out 26.7 MPG running 70- 75 MPH! The engine is fantastic, revs smooth, revs fast, tremendous torque will pull from anywhere in the rev range, can run down almost anything on the road. Interior is roomy and trunk is very usuable. Has tremendous ability to handle curves and also turns tighter than my '04 did. Looks superb, I get positive comments often.

Fantastic engine response and surprisingly good fuel mileage. Roomy interior. Beautiful design, anyone instantly knows it's a Mustang V8.

Firmer brakes please.

Gas Guzzler? Not exactly!
By Eric

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The funny thing about the V8 GT is that it gets surprisingly good MPG on the highway and I routinely get 28mpg going back and forth between New York City and Lake George (250 mi). Around town and stomping on the gas from green lights I hover around 20. My Civic got 32mpg highway. One goes 0 to 60 in 9 seconds, one gets there in about 5. The biggest chuckle I get is when I stop the car at home, reach into the back seat where my son's child seat resides and pull him out, much to the amazement of passerbys and even more when I pull out his stroller from the trunk. This is a big, wide, safe feeling car and gas attendents routinely are amazed when they can't reach across with the squeegee.

Basically you can be in like almost any gear and step on the gas and roar away. Low RPM it's growl tends turns people's heads, high RPM you approach SuperBike/NASCAR types sounds. That kick when it hits 3000 rpm and starts to rocket forward faster and faster in any gear never grows old.

Anything in the cupholders impedes shifting the stick. Slightly taller first gear.