Used 2007 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mixed Results
By somebode2002

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 9 months. I was never a big stang guy but gave it a shot. The car is for people who want to give a kid who is a auto amatuer who has the time/money to tend to. After 10,000 miles had to get rear brake pads replaced and they still squeak! Plastic interior rattles at times, the auto shifter is cheap. The engine is solid. Keep getting misfiring pistons at start up, even after tune up and new spark plugs. Engine is very reliable, steering is excellent. Don't expect to be able to do any improvements since it'll violate warranty. Struts and shocks are wearing down at 53,000 miles, unlike the Berreta, Toyota, and Pontiac Grand Am I had which had these problems occur at 70,000+

Favorite Features

V6 with OD is solid, strong engine, steering is the 2nd best I've ever been in behind the Boxster, in black looks hot, great handling, sound system is sweet for a Ford

Suggested Improvements

Needs to have better quality build, box air filter kills the engines potential, better quality brakes in rear. Make rear tires both spin when doing burn outs because the way it is now causes bad hydroplaning at various speeds and RPM levels. Emabarrassing MPG for a V6! Don't trust the specs

2007 V-6 Pony Package
By Bill

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. The retro look and the interior upgrades with the Pony package made this the perfect car. Installed the Ford Racing dual exhaust system with excellent results, nice sound and better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Everything. This car makes driving fun again.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing better is the Bullitt

Sweet Memories
By Jim

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I learned to drive in a 1965 red 2+2 fastback, and loved that car. Obviously I have a soft spot for Mustangs for that reason. The body style of the 2007 coupe has a strong nostolgia effect, but that is where the comparison stops. The 07 is so superior to the original it cant be put into words in such a small space. I normally ride a motorcycle (FJR 1300) and love to ride at speed on a twisty mountain road. I never thought I would, or could have as much fun on the same roads in a car. Well, I am smiling now just thinking about it. Sweet memories, sweeter reality. Thank you Ford for continuing this magnificent line.

Favorite Features

Rock solid engine with a throaty muscular rumble exiting through dual exhaust. Beautiful body styling. Smooth efficient shifting. Keyless entry with a trunk release on the remote. Shaker sount system. Leather seats. Remarkable handling on those twisty mountain roads

Suggested Improvements

The tilt wheel feature seem a bit micky mouse. Get rid of the rear seat. This car would make a great 2 seater.

Try a Ford Again
By cajunland

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We mulled it over for a while, to buy or not to buy just for a sometime driver. So I bought first Ford in many years (1990 was last). Loved the body style so bought just for body style, not as a daily driver. It has become my daily driver, parking my 02 V8 Tundra. Just made a 600 mile trip and averaged 30 MPG hwy at 70 MPH. Impressed with V6 power. It is plenty for me. Comfort is not great, cabin is not quite (primarily engine noise), but it is what it is, not a luxury car, not a speed burner, but good dependable transportation with style.

Favorite Features

Looks, shaker sound system, economy - as good MPG as an Avalon I previously owned

Suggested Improvements

Power seat back, passenger power seats, taller seating position, more leg room, more storage space

I'm more Than Disappointed
By Donna

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After owning 7 previous stangs I am so disappointed in my 2007 V6 5 speed stang. Though the exterior of it gets my heart singing and remembering the great ones I previously owned, The clutch and transmission has been a real horror. The car emits a low growl on acceleration in the mid to back. The shifting is very rough and very hard to move into reverse. The starter failed, the door handles had to be replaced. The interior seats are cheap and the seat belt is hard to get ahold of. I've complained about the 10mph gas mileage, had been on the phone and my car at the shop for the last 3 payments. They say nothing is wrong with it. I am not used of hearing the shifting so rough and loud. Sad day

Favorite Features

The exterior design, the sound of the engine, that's if I can get it to go into reverse to back it out of the garage and put it into 1st without dropping the tranny or the throw out bearing.

Suggested Improvements

They need to replace the brass pieces in the shifting mechanism with something else and improve on the clutch. Redo seatbelts for better reach. Also they need an interior trunk button. Ford needs to have customer reps that can really help you instead of hanging up when you need them to mediate.