2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: 4.0L v6

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

4.0L v6
By S197 on

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The engine in this car really surprised me when I test drove it. Quite a bit more power than the older 6's. I have not had any real problems with it yet and the engine seems really solid. When I hit bumps or turn the music up I do get a rattle from either the mirror or the door handle, but I have heard the same from alot of S197 owners. Overall this is a great daily driver and pretty fun. However if you live somewhere with snow, it probably isn't a great choice.

I really like the retro styling on the exterior. The pony package is well worth the money. I test drove auto and manual and the auto can't even compare. It feels alot weaker to me. The traction control is great in the rain. It should be standard. Pirelli tires are a nice touch.

Ford should fix the rattling, seeing as it is fairly common. It seems like they should also be able to get more than 215hp out of a 4.0L engine. Unless you don't ever have fun with this car, don't expect to get the mileage that it is advertised with.