Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

She's All Grown Up
By Thunder1979

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been driving a 2001 GT convertible for a few years and fell in love with the new model once I saw the design, however, the design is only the tip of the iceberg. This is a much better car than the SN95 version, it's faster, the transmission doesn't feel like a pickup's, my girlfriend can push down the clutch, and it's no longer a rattlebox. The car keeps pulling through 4th gear, and doesn't feel like you're inside of a B-17's nacelle over Germany like the old one did. This is a very comfortable car and no longer feels like the boy racer my 2001 was. That was a very solid car, but the new model is in a new class, it's a grown-up's car that makes you feel like you're 16.

The engine is magnificent, it roars to redline happily like a smaller displacement engine would.

The car is too big. It feels like hustling around a really fast fullback, yes, it will turn and turns remarkably well, it just seems like it would rather take out a linebacker. It's size makes it a little too blunt force...

'07 Mustang
By highdesertaz

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

High performance, better than average fuel economy. Still a tight package on the interior, needs a little more shoulder and hip room. Handling is very good. Plenty of power on tap when you need it.

Easy access to all controls on steering and dash. The changeable dash lights are a novelty but fun to play with.

WooHoo
By claude

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Incredibly fun to drive and comfortable. Acceleration is exhilirating and stopping performance is above expectations!

Wonderful exhaust sound in rapid acceleration!

Don't mess with it!

My first Ford
By parker9

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When they stopped making the Trans Ams in 2002 I never thought I'd get the sport convertible I always wanted. Then the new body style Mustangs came out in '05 and I secretly craved one for my driveway. After biting the bullet and admitting that I loved this Ford despite it being a Ford, I've got one. It is an amazing ride, and there is nothing like the feel of the wind blowing through your hair at 80 MPH on the interstate. Watch out though! It's very easy to just keep right on accelerating and never even notice. I had it up to 100 and it felt just as smooth and sturdy as at 65. Overall, the Mustang is a good buy.

The stereo system, although it does cause the side mirrors to vibrate so bad you can't see. The ease of the convertible top. The sound when I rev it in the driveway.

I'm having problems shifting into 3rd and reverse (after only about 2 weeks) and I'm a little worried about that. Granted this is my first manual in about 15 years, but the clutch seems very touchy. It "pops" too easy making an unsettling noise in the rear end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Unexpected Quality
By jerry

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The quality is superb, the interior comfy, back seats a bit tight. This thing is super. I highly recommend that anyone looking for a convertible test drive this car last. Fully decked out, it was still $8000 less than the EOS, and the convertible top is flawless. You might like the looks of the Vette, as we have, from the outside, but here the looks are inside too, great seating, and be careful for that accelerator pedal!

Fit and quality of interior, style of dash, comfort of seats, fit of top when down, ease of top deployment, trunk space, heated seats, quiet A/C, sound system, 87 octane burner, styling, tracking.

Trunk a bit awkward for opening, a bit larger fuel tank.