2007 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

Just had to get one
By karateguy43506

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a previous Mustang owner on every major model year I just had to purchase one of these. My 07 Stang is very much a V8 sitting in a V6 engine with more tourque and HP than my other GT models in the past. The interior is sporty but very cheap. The seatbelts are out of reach and non adjustable but work fine. The rear leg room is barely enough for my 8 year old, but she loves the rumble and car. Performance wise I feel that Ford should have installed better air flow technology to increase mpg and hp. The rear exhaust really needs to be dual for the pony to breathe better. I did these upgrades and I get 22 mpg city and 28 mpg hwy and run at 245 HP and 250 torque. All in a great car.

Favorite Features

Exterior design but they needed to put better ground effects on the sides. Love the leather seats!

Suggested Improvements

Make a T-Top model and put in better interior since the plastic's cheapness takes away from the over all value look of the car. If no T-Tops a power moonroof would be excellent. Needs to have better tuning on the engine and the shifter is rather sluggish.

A Great Machine
By WebNews47

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1987 Firebird (red, with a 2.8 V6) and kept it for six years. So, 20 years later, here I am with a red V6 car, but a much better one. It's a real beauty, and I'm almost afraid to take it out of the garage, I confess. But I do, and have to avoid just getting in and driving for the sake of driving.

Favorite Features

Six-disc CD player (no more fumbling to change discs), radio reception seems better.

Suggested Improvements

Make anti-lock and traction control standard, more storage space would be nice, one more trip odometer would be helpful, and I'd feel more secure with a locking fuel access door and an interior trunk release.

Awsome Car
By P

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a dream of mine. I had a 82 5.0 and it has just as much or more torque and HP. I got the 5 speed, would recommend if you like that Muscle car feeling (rpm's)! You can push this car to 80 before going into 5th. But I wouldn't recommended all the time it is only .8 seconds slower from 0 to 60 than the GT! The 07 and 08 models are identical, except miner changes. Go buy it if you love Mustangs, I will probably keep this car forever. I got the 17" wheels which is plus, but not necessary. If I had the money I would buy 3 more in different trim levels.

Favorite Features

I love the 500 watt sound system and exhaust for a V6. Manual has a short throw, which I also like.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are improved from years past, but can still be a little uncomfortable on long drives. The rear defroster takes awhile to work.

Holy Crap!!!
By spovelko

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 V6 Coupe three months ago.After a couple of weeks the brake warning light,loss of traction light,computer display reads brake fluid level low,and the traction control system turns itself on and off.Ive had it in the dealership three times now.The first time was for 4 days,didnt fix it,the second time was for two weeks,didn't fix it.Third time I made it into the dealership they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine and the service manager says he'll call me as soon as he compares the results to another 07.Three weeks go by,all the while I am calling him,he doesn't return my calls so I contact Ford directly.They bring in an expert.Its been there a week.They still have not call

Favorite Features

Looks great sitting at the dealership.The rental car I have sucks.Making payments on both!!!This is not what I signed up for!!!

Suggested Improvements

Take a serious look at the electrical system.The traction control system turning itself on and off is a hazard both to the driver(and his family)and the public.

Love my 'Stang!
By BebeZed

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am totally pleased and surprised by my new 2007 Mustang V6 coupe! For a V6, this car has a nice throaty sound, and the power is better than I expected with a V6. It easily attains (and uhhh...surpasses) freeway speeds. It handles very well too -- I love to take fast curves and so does this car. I am a large gal, so obviously I questioned whether or not this car would be spacious enough. I am pleased to report that not only is there enough room for me in the driver's seat but there is also sufficient room for my equally large daughter to sit in the back seat. In short, I highly recommend the 2007 V6 Mustang.

Favorite Features

The Shaker 500 stereo rocks! The 6-way adjustable driver's seat makes driving a real pleasure. Love the My Color dashboard lights (my choice: purple). Adore the sound of the engine, love the way it handles and the gas mileage ain't too shabby either!

Suggested Improvements

The front seat belts are not only hard to reach, but also do not adjust i height so mine sits right across my neck. Also, the MP3 player port should be more accessible, and the driver's seat should return to its original position after putting it down to allow access to the rear seats.

Mid-life Awareness
By AlmostMiddle Age Mom

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Owned my 2007 Premium Mustang 2 months now, and love it. Gas mileage city is 18-19 mpg and trip around 25 mpg. Love the retro look - for at my age, I can remember all the previous Mustangs thus far and wanted one since the early 70's. Didn't need the V8. Plenty of speed with the V6. Hoping to keep it for 20+ years. Time will tell. ive in the Northeast and think I'll have to store it for the winter and buy a clunker to slop around in.

Favorite Features

Retro exterior, leather interior, premimum interior upgrade. Awesome stereo. Pretty much the entire car!

Suggested Improvements

Little less plastic interior, temperature and compass gauges would be nice, but not necessary. How about a sun/moon roof?

Love my Car!
By NinjaMom

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There is not much that I can about this car that is not positive. I only have one complaint. The mp3 player jack being inside the console. I have to slip the cord out of the console to put my player in the cup holder and the cord gets cut sometimes. Other than that, this car is everything I ever dreamed about as a kid when my Dad promised to get me my first Mustang only to come home with a new truck for himself. The drive and handling is amazing. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Shifting is smooth. Pick up is amazing for a 6. Nice throaty sound. A real eye catcher. Everyone compliments my car, even the cop who gave me my last ticket.

Favorite Features

Old school looks, throaty sound, great pick up, comfortable interior. Ability to change the dash light colors. Great sounding stereo. Basically, the whole car.

Suggested Improvements

Put the mp3 player jack somewhere other than in the console.

Alloy pony pkg.
By ed

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got 150000 miles on my 96 Mustang. Finally got new one month ago, my wife wanted orange convert. but i talked her into alloy hardtop. The top is one of my favorite things about it. The back looks like 70, the windshield is flat sleek. I want to keep it all stock except for cold air intake. Pony package a must on V6, biggest rims ever on V6 mustang! It feels solid. I had very good luck with my 96, I plan on driving it to 200000. My wife plans on storing it for the winter. If it's as good as my other one I'll be happy.

Favorite Features

Interior is way better than 96! I like the stealth look of alloy. 5 speed auto is great! 60 more horses than 96! Almost as good on gas. Loaded, pony pkg., side air bags, traction control, leather, alarm, mach500.

Suggested Improvements

Factory flaws in clearcoat on front. It has put on lots of weight. The 96 feels more nimble, new one is kind of a boat. It handles well, but only 400 pounds lighter than my Buick Ultra!

Awesome Mode of Transportation
By mdawes

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I find everything about this vehicle is very well done. From the V6 engine to the morphing of the classic Mustang design and a 21st century design. Very fun to drive

Favorite Features

Engine, design,

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic interior

You can go home again.
By dr_nc

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased a new 2007 Mustang for my son. We opted for the V-6 Pony because the insurance for a 16-year-old was more than the monthly payment on the car. The car is beautiful. Fit and finish are perfect. So far we have had no problems. Power is OK and fuel economy is very good. Ride is surprisingly compliant, yet firm. No body roll.

Favorite Features

Retro looks remind me of my 1966 Mustang. Interior looks like a 1968 Mustang. Seats are comfortable, especially the driver's power seat. Smooth automatic.

Suggested Improvements

When the front seat back is tilted forward for rear passenger entry it does not return the the position it was previously set. Front seat belts are hard to reach. Rear glass reflect the package tray area.