Used 2007 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very disappointing
By satxdriver07

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

First of all, I absolutely loved the look of my 2007 Mustang, v6 Premium with Pony Package and Interior upgrade. It looked awesome. Unfortunately, the interior was plagued with rattles the dealer couldn't fix, and any driver who knows what I normal suspension should sound like would know that this car suffers from serious design flaws in the form of loud suspension clunks in the undercarriage. It sounds like bottom is gonna fall out on uneven surfaces. It also had terrible traction without the traction control upgrade, and I felt unsafe driving in rain. Wanted to love it, but had to get rid of it 6 months later and took a huge hit.

Shaker stereo system is great. Great exhaust sound for a V-6, looks sharp

Ford is aware of design flaws, Mustang forums have thousands of similar complaints, but Ford doesn't put our recalls and own up to issues come repair time. I think the new CEO of Ford is more on top of things and quality of Ford products are improving, let's hope so.

A BAD SEED
By SOPHILLYJOE

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a problem from day one. The battery can go dead in as little as 36 hours of setting. It rides like a buck board. Transmission (stick 5 speed) makes all kinds of noises. And the selling dealer said that nothing is wron with the car.

The steering and brakes work OK

Everything

Best of Edmunds
By Way2Fast210

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome vehicle, could use more horsepower. But you pay the right price for what you get! It stills blows past most cars at he line anyway

Interior by far, it has a modern look to it, and is yet designed for speed

The rear bumper is a bit on the wide side, it sticks out just a smidge to much for my taste. Still however, one of the hottest cars on the road today!

Best 'stang ever
By Harry Titus

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Being a Mustang owner since 1965 it is much easier for me to offer an accurate view of this new car. We just bout a new '07 coupe with Pony Package. Yes, it is an unsold 07 in 2009! However, because it was two years old we got an unbelieveable deal! Engine is strong, stronger than any six before. Has a powerful throaty exhaust tone. It really scoots too! More power than either of us need. Everything that is good about a Mustang is great in this one. It still has many of the negatives too, like poor winter driving qualities, but, old veteran Mustang guy like me have learned to drive these over the years and I for one, have no trouble driving any Mustang in the winter.

Of course, the look is timeless. The Pony grille is certainly the most distinct feature. I thing the Pony grille should go on the GT's too! The dash is cool, but a bit too space age for my taste.

Offer some standard 'skinny' wheels to improve winter driving.

I enjoy my car!
By My Stang

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a grabber orange V6 pony with the package that's hammered on the ground. I love it and get tons of head turns! I have had a little trouble with it randomly dying and the dealership/Ford itself can't figure it out. My car just randomly dies. I have been going up a hill and it locks up/dies or just at a stop light and it dies. Once I put it into park it will fire right up and drive fine for like 6 months. Or it may die again in like another 3 mths. or 2 weeks, It's very random! Wish they could figure it out & fix it! Other then that I love the car. Very fun to drive. I do not drive it in the winter, so not sure how it handles in snow/ice. But overall it's been a good car!

Exterior, sound system & color

The computer in newer vehicles are so touchy that you can't fix anything unless it sends a code to fix it. My fiance believes its the fuel pump but they will not fix it because the machine doesn't tell them thats whats wrong.