Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

magic mustang
By mike

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Only had the car 3+ months and will store it for the winter. Inside and out, this car reminds me of my all- time favorite '67 Mustang. Car has Flowmaster exhaust, sounds great, awesome V8 rumble. Leather seats are very comfortable, Mach 1000 stereo is outstanding. Seriously, 100 mph, top down, tunes sound perfect. Original owner said only issue he had was door covers vibrating with tunes loud. Dealer packed the doors with insulation, no more problem. Quality of interior materials is very good, better than most cars. Fit and finish is excellent. Mileage is fairly good if you behave, but that's tough to do - too much fun. Get one before they're gone!

Favorite Features

'67 Mustang looks. V8 rumble. Mach 1000 stereo. Retro dash.

Suggested Improvements

None

Love my GT/CS Convertible!
By Sherry

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car to drive! One thing that helped this car tremendously in handling was an Eibach lowering kit - before lowering it the car would get some serious body roll in the turns. After lowering it I sacrificed some of the cushy ride, but owning a Mustang isn't about being cushy! The delayed throttle response due to the fly-by-wire technology is a little strange to get used to, but can be compensated for by adding a hydrogen assist kit - supposed to help with gas mileage (and it does by about 1-2 mpg), but in this car with a tune it actually added about 12-15 hp, which seems to all come in during the low rpms, improving throttle response and the 'seat of your pants' launch.

Favorite Features

Convertible is a lot of fun. Used several times in parades and has been absolutely perfect for it. The 5- speed automatic is absolutely the best! After test driving both the manual and automatic, I ordered mine with the automatic because it felt faster - and I've driven/raced manuals for years!

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality isn't the greatest - it seems to be thinly applied and I've gotten a few nasty rock chips that shouldn't have gone as deep as they do. The interior is pretty good, but would be better if they used a higher quality leather.

Best 4 seat convertible for the money
By John

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only had Japanese or German cars, but the Mustang has always stirred my interest a little, despite my general disdain for American design.That is, until this new body style came along. I must admit that I warmed up to it quickly and before long, I just had to have it. I wanted a convertible (actually did not mind a V6) and realized that since I'm a family man now, there are not a lot of choices out there:(Solara, anyone? Or worse, Eos) The Mustang fit the bill: Classic style, history, raw power and seats 4 to boot. Got the V8, who needs the radio when you have the rumble from the exhaust for entertainment? Crazy torque, handles well for its size and looks gorgeous with the top down

Favorite Features

Exterior style, Interior style (not materials), minimal shake for a vert, Awesome stereo (you can hear the songs at 85 mph with the wind rushing over your head), Passing prowess and drama with the manual. Surprisingly docile for city driving, corners well for a big car. Different colors on dash.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials, more storage in cabin, relocate cupholders. One latch and one button top lowering. 18 inch wheels standard on GT, upgraded brakes. Better AV outlet cover (seriously!) Rattle during low speed 2-3 shifts. Cloth top standard. Spare tire.

Very Happy
By Bud

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fun factor of driving this car is off the charts! The engine, with the cold air intake, is the sweetest sounding engine that you have ever heard with a low, high pitched whistle. Get the seat warmer option and you can drive it with the top down over 40 degrees. I picked it up in Tampa and the 8 hours I spent driving it home was as much fun as a man can have with his clothes on! Handling is superb and the front seats are extremely comfortable with the ability to actually lean your head back on the head rest to prevent fatigue. Very pleased and happy with the purchase a month into the ride.

America's Pony Real Good Fun
By carockwell

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Being a Euro car snob I was more than surprised with how much I liked my wife's midlife crisis car. The new Mustangs have everything I always liked about American cars and none of the problems. The convertible is quiet, dry, easy to use, and little buffeting compared to other convertibles. The car handles extremely well, it is very controllable/predictable on the track and well balanced. The power is amazing, but what would I know I used to drive a Fiat. By far the biggest surprise with this car is how comfortable the car is on long trips. I can drive 800 miles and feel great when I get out. So far, I get 18.7 mpg overall which is okay considering the power and automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

Power,comfort, and handling. The Mustang has very neutral handling at the limit, not the understeering pigs that the original's were.Also, the 4.6 GT accelerates faster than the old Shelby GT 500 with the 428! This car is like the perfect restored Shelby Mustang you always dreamed about getting.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a modern "sportmatic" tansmission like all the Euro cars have. The tranny does have an overdrive button that gives you an instant downshift(like the old British cars) but it would be handy to have more control of the automatic. The brakes are marginal for track use. Needs HID lights.