Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Fun - Poor Quality
By cheapskate2

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just loved the look of the 2005+ Mustangs when they came out. Finally I got a 2007 GT in 2008. Pros: Great styling inside and out. Has that great V8 muscle car sound and feel that makes it fun to drive. Cons: What is standard trim on most cars like aluminum accents and painted mirrors and such would cost many hundreds of dollars to get for the mustang as aftermarket parts. Engineering and build quality is very poor - 2005 to 2009 mustangs plagued with many problems including stalling, water leaks, suspension clunks, interior rattles, freezing e-brakes, etc. etc. Not a car for where it gets below freezing or rains a lot.

Favorite Features

The retro look of it inside and out. Muscle car feel and very fun to drive. Makes you feel you are driving a true icon of the American Free Spirit and a testament to brute American Muscle. Surprising amount of space in trunk and fold down rear seats provide good utility for such a car.

Suggested Improvements

Add painted mirrors found on even cheap cars. Get rid of poor design flaws in subsequent model years when they are found to be issues not just keep churning out more defective product year after year and leaving it up to the consumer and dealers to deal with - hopefully while still under warranty

Happy Mustang Owner
By TCZ

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive this car in the Chicago area. Winter is not a problem as long as you slow down. When gas was $4 I slowed down and got 25 to 28 MPG in mixed driving.(70% hiway, 30%city) I had to replace the radio (shaker 500) for a minor fault (NC at dealer). The car is plenty fast and a thrill to drive. I have louvers on the rear windows and I'm putting on axle back exhaust to create 10 more HP and an even better sound, also coming is a cold air intake. The car is alloy in color and it turns heads where ever I drive. I cannot recommend it enough if you are looking for a reasonably priced sports car. I'll definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

Performance, looks, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are a little difficult to use when you have the manual transmission.

Great fast car
By luckydawg003

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my GT back in 07. After adding some mods to it, like a cold air intake and a tune. It is truly a fast car. I ran a best of a 13.6 at 103mph in the 1/4 mile track. I get horrible gas mileage, about 14-16mpg. Mostly city driving, and I race my car everywhere. It's just to fun, not to speed in this car. I've had a lot of good races, and smoked a lot of fast cars. The only thing that is bad is the resale value of this car. I prob. lost $10k if I tried to trade it in today. But it has a great exterior, and the interior is nice to.

Favorite Features

Performance, speed, power, rwd, 300+hp, affordable. Gets looks all the time, and compliments. Easy to modify and work on.

Suggested Improvements

Improve clutch, and get better stock tires. I have no traction at all in the rain. More power stock, can never have enough. Improve the cheap plastic interior that scratches so easily.

Fun ride
By dkc

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drove many different cars before I bought the Mustang. For the money, I think I bought the best car. Great gas mileage and holds the raod in tight turns. I was in Kansas on business this spring and got a chance to open the car up on I-35. What a ride! I drove from Topeka to Wichita in 97 min. When I check my gas mileage it was around 27 mpg. Oh yes, it is 137 miles between the two cities. Around town the car is very fun and turns a lot of heads. All I can say is fun, fun, fun.

Favorite Features

The look of this car is great. The trunk has lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders and the seat belt. The stick is a little rough.

Love my Stang!
By TCZ

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 5 speed and I am driving it in the current Chicago winter and it not a problem. The traction control works well. The car is an absolute blast to drive and I get 23-25 MPG in mixed driving. Great job Ford.

Favorite Features

Shaker 500 stereo is awesome. Shifter is very smooth and seating is very comfortable