2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Very disappointing
By satxdriver07 on 07/08/09 18:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

First of all, I absolutely loved the look of my 2007 Mustang, v6 Premium with Pony Package and Interior upgrade. It looked awesome. Unfortunately, the interior was plagued with rattles the dealer couldn't fix, and any driver who knows what I normal suspension should sound like would know that this car suffers from serious design flaws in the form of loud suspension clunks in the undercarriage. It sounds like bottom is gonna fall out on uneven surfaces. It also had terrible traction without the traction control upgrade, and I felt unsafe driving in rain. Wanted to love it, but had to get rid of it 6 months later and took a huge hit.

A BAD SEED
By SOPHILLYJOE on 06/17/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a problem from day one. The battery can go dead in as little as 36 hours of setting. It rides like a buck board. Transmission (stick 5 speed) makes all kinds of noises. And the selling dealer said that nothing is wron with the car.

Best of Edmunds
By Way2Fast210 on 02/28/09 18:08 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome vehicle, could use more horsepower. But you pay the right price for what you get! It stills blows past most cars at he line anyway

Best 'stang ever
By Harry Titus on 01/30/09 06:30 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Being a Mustang owner since 1965 it is much easier for me to offer an accurate view of this new car. We just bout a new '07 coupe with Pony Package. Yes, it is an unsold 07 in 2009! However, because it was two years old we got an unbelieveable deal! Engine is strong, stronger than any six before. Has a powerful throaty exhaust tone. It really scoots too! More power than either of us need. Everything that is good about a Mustang is great in this one. It still has many of the negatives too, like poor winter driving qualities, but, old veteran Mustang guy like me have learned to drive these over the years and I for one, have no trouble driving any Mustang in the winter.

I enjoy my car!
By My Stang on 01/21/09 12:21 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a grabber orange V6 pony with the package that's hammered on the ground. I love it and get tons of head turns! I have had a little trouble with it randomly dying and the dealership/Ford itself can't figure it out. My car just randomly dies. I have been going up a hill and it locks up/dies or just at a stop light and it dies. Once I put it into park it will fire right up and drive fine for like 6 months. Or it may die again in like another 3 mths. or 2 weeks, It's very random! Wish they could figure it out & fix it! Other then that I love the car. Very fun to drive. I do not drive it in the winter, so not sure how it handles in snow/ice. But overall it's been a good car!

Mixed Results
By somebode2002 on 12/10/08 17:20 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 9 months. I was never a big stang guy but gave it a shot. The car is for people who want to give a kid who is a auto amatuer who has the time/money to tend to. After 10,000 miles had to get rear brake pads replaced and they still squeak! Plastic interior rattles at times, the auto shifter is cheap. The engine is solid. Keep getting misfiring pistons at start up, even after tune up and new spark plugs. Engine is very reliable, steering is excellent. Don't expect to be able to do any improvements since it'll violate warranty. Struts and shocks are wearing down at 53,000 miles, unlike the Berreta, Toyota, and Pontiac Grand Am I had which had these problems occur at 70,000+

2007 V-6 Pony Package
By Bill on 11/27/08 20:26 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. The retro look and the interior upgrades with the Pony package made this the perfect car. Installed the Ford Racing dual exhaust system with excellent results, nice sound and better gas mileage.

Sweet Memories
By Jim on 09/11/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I learned to drive in a 1965 red 2+2 fastback, and loved that car. Obviously I have a soft spot for Mustangs for that reason. The body style of the 2007 coupe has a strong nostolgia effect, but that is where the comparison stops. The 07 is so superior to the original it cant be put into words in such a small space. I normally ride a motorcycle (FJR 1300) and love to ride at speed on a twisty mountain road. I never thought I would, or could have as much fun on the same roads in a car. Well, I am smiling now just thinking about it. Sweet memories, sweeter reality. Thank you Ford for continuing this magnificent line.

Try a Ford Again
By cajunland on 07/10/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We mulled it over for a while, to buy or not to buy just for a sometime driver. So I bought first Ford in many years (1990 was last). Loved the body style so bought just for body style, not as a daily driver. It has become my daily driver, parking my 02 V8 Tundra. Just made a 600 mile trip and averaged 30 MPG hwy at 70 MPH. Impressed with V6 power. It is plenty for me. Comfort is not great, cabin is not quite (primarily engine noise), but it is what it is, not a luxury car, not a speed burner, but good dependable transportation with style.

I'm more Than Disappointed
By Donna on 06/25/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After owning 7 previous stangs I am so disappointed in my 2007 V6 5 speed stang. Though the exterior of it gets my heart singing and remembering the great ones I previously owned, The clutch and transmission has been a real horror. The car emits a low growl on acceleration in the mid to back. The shifting is very rough and very hard to move into reverse. The starter failed, the door handles had to be replaced. The interior seats are cheap and the seat belt is hard to get ahold of. I've complained about the 10mph gas mileage, had been on the phone and my car at the shop for the last 3 payments. They say nothing is wrong with it. I am not used of hearing the shifting so rough and loud. Sad day

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.