Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good choice
By brock69

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2006. Manual trans w/V6. Daily driver but has only 48,000 miles. Not had any big repairs to date. Cons: Rear wing cracked on both sides and already fixed in first year. Exhaust sometimes rattles when cold for 30 secs. Seats stain easy. Pros: Get 29mpg/hwy, avg 25 in mixed driving. Great styling in/out. Has Pony package. Still get compliments on looks. Comfy on long trips w/no adults in rear. Handles well in all weather. Actually preffered this to moms 2012 Camry in snow/ice maybe because used to how handles. Would not trust to inexp driver in snow.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, good mpg, good stereo

Suggested Improvements

Seat material soaks up everything and discolors, re-engineer spoiler so doesnt crack from vibration

Best car I've ever had!
By nursemollybsrn

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/14/2011. I've only driven it for over month, it is my daily driver. It has only 19,000 miles on it and it is absoutely stunning! I love everything about this car. The way the engine rumbles, the noise of the blinkers, the sound of the door when you shut it, the stero is kickin', the ease at which the top goes up and down! I have learned that you actually have to be careful in slower traffic because when you step on the gas...you get an instant response. And yes, I have raced it. I have smoked everyone that I have come up against - in town and highway - with barely any effort. This car was made to go fast! And is excellent therapy if you have a stressful day at work!

2007 Mustang V6 Convertible
By steve396

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car, i got it in July 2011 for 14k, a pretty good deal for my dream car. The v6 is slightly under-powered compared to the Challenger and Camaro v6, but it is also much lighter, actually beating both the challenger and camaro. its a chick magnet, and its fun to see their face when you put the top down ;). Overall its a blast to drive and i'll remember my first car for the rest of my life. I payed for it myself, my father was willing to give me the extra 3k for a malibu, since i live in Traverse City, MI where winters are bad. I got the Mustang anyways and have been extremely happy with our decision! i definitely recommend this car, the engine sounds amazing too! fun fun car

Favorite Features

i love the seats, they say mustang right on them, i also love the way it handles. then sound of the engine also constantly reminds you that you're driving a muscle car.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a better interior and front end

Best Car!
By billyi3

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a chance to buy one of the last, new, original 1973 Mustang convertibles back in 1974, and I made the mistake of letting my Dad talk me out of it. It wasn't until 2007 that I decided it was time for a convertible. I've owned 7 Fords since 1986, and have never had a single problem where the car had to go back to the dealer, so I was confident on quality. I special ordered a redfire metallic, premium V6 Pony convertible with auto transmission, satellite radio, and everything I could get! And, I couldn't be happier! It's very tight, quiet, and a blast to drive! I've added sequential turn signals, and it's a real head-turner!

Favorite Features

Love the Pony Package with the fog lights, Shaker 500 sound system, and the color changeable dash lights!

Suggested Improvements

A little more seat support for the driver's seat would be nice. And, I wasn't too happy that I couldn't get the interior upgrade, because it interferred with the Pony Package.

Great Summer Car
By mikeonbass

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First - let my inform you readers I'm very car knowlegeable. I am quite skilled in the field of automotive engines and electronics. I deal with driveability issues every day. Having said that -this is my first Ford in 17 years. Its my middle-age-crisis toy. Im a guy who has owned scores of GM vehicles - some good and some lousy. I went with Ford this time because this is a company that doesnt appear to do alot of the dumb engineering things I have witnessed lately on either GM or Mopar. Having said all that lets talk about the car itself. I purchased this winter with only 4300 miles on it. I now have over 16000 miles on it after a few long distance trips the last couple months.

Favorite Features

The car has great exterior looks obviously. The 4.6 3 valver is a great engine with a very linear torque curve. It pulls steady all the way to 6K with no peakiness. The clutch is smooth and tranny is a joy to shift. You can start in second gear as easy as first. The instrument panel is very attractive and laid out simply. Same goes for all the interior controls for AC, Heating and radio. Power top works slick. Nothing much to figure out and fumble with. Steering is very quick and handling nimble. The interior is pretty good. The power leather seats are great. Very comfortable on long trips. This convertible has NO wind noise whatsoever at any speed. Top up or down.

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard is a little cheap with plastic. It could use a real padded dash like in the Shelbys. Independant real wheel suspension would be nice but is only an issue for me on rough roads. Ford should caution thier owners to change the oil every 3000 miles instead of 5. This engine has electronic "VVT". (Variable Valve Timing). You cant let it get real dirty without risking cam phazer problems. This applies to any engine with "VVT" no matter who builds it. Trust me on this.