Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A Great Machine
By WebNews47

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1987 Firebird (red, with a 2.8 V6) and kept it for six years. So, 20 years later, here I am with a red V6 car, but a much better one. It's a real beauty, and I'm almost afraid to take it out of the garage, I confess. But I do, and have to avoid just getting in and driving for the sake of driving.

Favorite Features

Six-disc CD player (no more fumbling to change discs), radio reception seems better.

Suggested Improvements

Make anti-lock and traction control standard, more storage space would be nice, one more trip odometer would be helpful, and I'd feel more secure with a locking fuel access door and an interior trunk release.

A Real Hoot to Drive
By Dude,WaaayBigFun

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best bang for the buck on the market bar none! Pulls good from 0 to 3000 rpm and then the power band kicks in from 3000 to redline and when it shifts into 2nd it really sinks you back into your seat. I have an automatic tranny because of rush hour traffic but if you can shift better than the automatic you should be on tour with the N.H.R.A. I get envious looks and thumbs up on a regular basis .Love the throtty V-8 rumble, great stereo, multi-colored dash,a nd heated leather seats. This car has more aftermarket parts than any other car, cannot wait to add roush supercharger.

Favorite Features

V-8 power, stereo, heated leather seats, multi colored dash is fun to show off to people, surprisingly large trunk with fold down rear seats for long items. Lots of aftermarket goodies to make your ride original, which is real good because in my neighborhood there is a Mustang on every block.

Suggested Improvements

Inside the glove box would be a nice place to have a trunk opener, fold in mirrors would be better. Blind spots could be a problem for drivers who don't know how to step on the gas pedal. These are minor complaints that could be better without raising the cost of the car too much.

2007 GT/CS vista blue
By Brian

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the car. this is my third Mustang. my first was a 67 coupe, then a 2001 GT, now this one. I love the color, the performance, the only thing Ford didnt get right is the comfort of the driver. On any drive over an hour or so, the comfort level goes down. I have had 2 warrenty issues with this Mustang. The leather insert on the pass. door had to be replaced, it was not glued on properly. I also had trouble with the rev limiter kicking in to soon in third gear, and sometimes fourth. A flash tuner should fix this issue. Overall I am very pleased with my new stang. I can't wait to up the hp.

Favorite Features

It's a blast to drive. What more is there to say.

Suggested Improvements

More comfort for the driver. More hp and torque. Better brakes.

America's Pony Real Good Fun
By carockwell

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Being a Euro car snob I was more than surprised with how much I liked my wife's midlife crisis car. The new Mustangs have everything I always liked about American cars and none of the problems. The convertible is quiet, dry, easy to use, and little buffeting compared to other convertibles. The car handles extremely well, it is very controllable/predictable on the track and well balanced. The power is amazing, but what would I know I used to drive a Fiat. By far the biggest surprise with this car is how comfortable the car is on long trips. I can drive 800 miles and feel great when I get out. So far, I get 18.7 mpg overall which is okay considering the power and automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

Power,comfort, and handling. The Mustang has very neutral handling at the limit, not the understeering pigs that the original's were.Also, the 4.6 GT accelerates faster than the old Shelby GT 500 with the 428! This car is like the perfect restored Shelby Mustang you always dreamed about getting.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a modern "sportmatic" tansmission like all the Euro cars have. The tranny does have an overdrive button that gives you an instant downshift(like the old British cars) but it would be handy to have more control of the automatic. The brakes are marginal for track use. Needs HID lights.

Wow Emily
By RedHOTEmily

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased this car after 3 years of deciding wheather to get one. Love the new design and got a great deal, so I went ahead. I have been so pleased with the way this car makes me feel, how it drives and the awesome power at my fingertips. The stereo and some features are great. Love my Emily!

Favorite Features

Shaker 500 stereo, sounds of leather seats, seeing the muscular hood as you drive. Lights and power baby.

Suggested Improvements

Put a trunk switch in! It would be nice to have a temp and directional display on the rearview mirror and with the extra space on the map light fixture, put garage door buttons.