Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Just had to get one
By karateguy43506

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a previous Mustang owner on every major model year I just had to purchase one of these. My 07 Stang is very much a V8 sitting in a V6 engine with more tourque and HP than my other GT models in the past. The interior is sporty but very cheap. The seatbelts are out of reach and non adjustable but work fine. The rear leg room is barely enough for my 8 year old, but she loves the rumble and car. Performance wise I feel that Ford should have installed better air flow technology to increase mpg and hp. The rear exhaust really needs to be dual for the pony to breathe better. I did these upgrades and I get 22 mpg city and 28 mpg hwy and run at 245 HP and 250 torque. All in a great car.

Exterior design but they needed to put better ground effects on the sides. Love the leather seats!

Make a T-Top model and put in better interior since the plastic's cheapness takes away from the over all value look of the car. If no T-Tops a power moonroof would be excellent. Needs to have better tuning on the engine and the shifter is rather sluggish.

Love this car
By Jeff

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We've only had this car for a few months, but it's been fun to drive and always enjoyable to look at in the driveway. No regrets as far as price, especially when you consider other options (vehicles) within the same price range. It's an economy sports car, that must be stated, but it has a nostalgic muscle car look and appeal.

Aesthetics- Instrument panel and front of car. Safety- Front seat side air bags and passenger sensor weight air bag disable

17" rims standard Increased gas mileage Trunk opener switch in driver area

Think Twice
By Jimbo

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car new and sold it after 4 months. Highs------Great looks and fun to drive Lows-----6 cyclinder 4.0 engine is loud and sounds course and unrefined. You almost think that something is wrong with the engine. Dash board rattled after the first week; however I did not take it back thinking it would get worse during the warranty period and be easier to find. 5 Speed manual transmission felt clunky, had a long throw, and seemed hard to get into gear sometimes. Seats looked good but felt like cheap material and I will be suprised if they wear well. Neutral----almost no backseat--but I knew that when I bought it.

Great looks and fun to drive is absolutely all it has going for it.

Every area listed as "lows" above need some major work.

Happy again.
By Jim Fischer

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have to say how surprised I am, that after owning my Mustang for over six months, I still smile every time I drive it. The looks, the feel, the way it handles, all top notch.

Styling, size, wheels and tires. I have the Pony package option and it looks great.

Compass feature would have been nice. I found out it was available as a separate option later.

A Great Machine
By WebNews47

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1987 Firebird (red, with a 2.8 V6) and kept it for six years. So, 20 years later, here I am with a red V6 car, but a much better one. It's a real beauty, and I'm almost afraid to take it out of the garage, I confess. But I do, and have to avoid just getting in and driving for the sake of driving.

Six-disc CD player (no more fumbling to change discs), radio reception seems better.

Make anti-lock and traction control standard, more storage space would be nice, one more trip odometer would be helpful, and I'd feel more secure with a locking fuel access door and an interior trunk release.