Used 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2007 GT/CS vista blue
By Brian

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the car. this is my third Mustang. my first was a 67 coupe, then a 2001 GT, now this one. I love the color, the performance, the only thing Ford didnt get right is the comfort of the driver. On any drive over an hour or so, the comfort level goes down. I have had 2 warrenty issues with this Mustang. The leather insert on the pass. door had to be replaced, it was not glued on properly. I also had trouble with the rev limiter kicking in to soon in third gear, and sometimes fourth. A flash tuner should fix this issue. Overall I am very pleased with my new stang. I can't wait to up the hp.

It's a blast to drive. What more is there to say.

More comfort for the driver. More hp and torque. Better brakes.

Almost Perfect!
By jmr1061

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Having owned 3 of the previous generation Mustangs, in my opinion this was a huge leap forward for the Mustang. For the money, Ford did an excellent job of producing a top end, sporty pony car. The ride and balance is excellent, and the retro look is awesome! Overall quality is very good. This is the best bang for the buck on the market today. For a larger car than previous years, the interior seems smaller - more cramped, but still very comfortable.

This car is so easy to drive! Shifting is so smooth compared to previous models. The info display helpful, and the multi-colored dash choice is very fun! I use the MP3 input jack all the time.

The car has a slight lag in excelleration that can easily be fixed with a CAI and tune - Ford could have done this from the factory easily with little or no effect on MPG while gaining more power. The dash rattles are very annoying. The car is need to lose weight to compete in this class.

Turns heads wherever I go!
By King Nebekeneezer

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Powerful, fast, beautiful vintage design. highly modifyable. Bought Cal Special-redfire metalic, black racing stripes, Rousch front fascia (after being hit by truck tire blowout), Ford Racing Performance handeling kit- lowered 1.5 inches, 3.73 gears, flowmaster mufflers-great v8 Amer muscle mustage growl. Turns heads everywhere. Handles well for Amer car- even better now w/Ford handeling pack installation. Great acceleration & passing power. My Mustang gets so many compliments everywhere i go (especially by older men-60's era Mustang owners, and by kids). Great Car-no problems yet-knock on wood. Great dealership & service support. LOVE driving it. Better than Camero. Very proud to own mustang!

Power. Acceleration. Beautiful retro design. Fun to drive. Handles well for affordable Amer car. Vintage V-8 sound & looks, & easily modifiable. Even looks fast standing still. Affordable for working man. Ford has started the pony car war all over again! Great performance and driveability!

Too much cheap interior plastic to an otherwise beautiful 60's era design. Car is kinda heavy. Ford Should delete backseat-its a muscle car not sedan, & it would save weight. I consider backseat apart of the trunk-nobody sits there.Engine should be 400 hp to compete w/forthcoming challenger camero.

Great Little Pony
By GeteeUp

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang GT in July and have put a little over 2,000 miles on it. I drive it 3 to 4 times per week and it is a joy each time. We went on a long weekend trip and I actually got 26 mpg in highway driving at 60 mph. I really like the way the exhaust system sounds and the car handles extremely well and has a nice smooth ride. I am reliving being 16, but of course I couldn't afford this type of toy then.

Everything about the car, its styling and performance, a retro look in a modern automobile, doesn't get better than that.

Only thing I can think of is a sunglasses holder.

Awsome Car
By P

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a dream of mine. I had a 82 5.0 and it has just as much or more torque and HP. I got the 5 speed, would recommend if you like that Muscle car feeling (rpm's)! You can push this car to 80 before going into 5th. But I wouldn't recommended all the time it is only .8 seconds slower from 0 to 60 than the GT! The 07 and 08 models are identical, except miner changes. Go buy it if you love Mustangs, I will probably keep this car forever. I got the 17" wheels which is plus, but not necessary. If I had the money I would buy 3 more in different trim levels.

I love the 500 watt sound system and exhaust for a V6. Manual has a short throw, which I also like.

Seats are improved from years past, but can still be a little uncomfortable on long drives. The rear defroster takes awhile to work.