Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

GT
By ESTANG

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Mustang I've owned. 2nd pony in the garage is a 1970 coupe. Traded in a 2004 Mach 1 for a 2007 GT. Much more comfortable for this mid-age guy. Recommend adding heat option to both front seats. Adds several inches to the seat's base, which makes a big difference. Added HD to my Shaker 1000 radio. Wow what a difference in sound quality. Minor mods thus far. Cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust. Definitely needs retune for better response, but overall, a great car.

Radio is great. Confortable seats. Seat heat option was a good choice. Excellent visability all the way around.

The flow thru air system during summer makes is uncomfortable unless A/C is on. Had to shove large sponges in foot area vents to stop the air from coming in from the outside. Premium tuning is essential for better performance.

Tons of fun in the sun
By Dan

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had many convertibles and sports cars and my GT is right up there with the best ever for all around fun and value. I also have not had many vehicles that get so many people coming over to check it out--a real eye pleaser.

Road performance, eye appeal, ease of power top, shaker sound system, retro look both inside and out, large truck for sports car, comfortable leather seats that gently cradle you.

Cheap plastic interior, lack of technology in cabin.

Love my GT/CS Convertible!
By Sherry

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car to drive! One thing that helped this car tremendously in handling was an Eibach lowering kit - before lowering it the car would get some serious body roll in the turns. After lowering it I sacrificed some of the cushy ride, but owning a Mustang isn't about being cushy! The delayed throttle response due to the fly-by-wire technology is a little strange to get used to, but can be compensated for by adding a hydrogen assist kit - supposed to help with gas mileage (and it does by about 1-2 mpg), but in this car with a tune it actually added about 12-15 hp, which seems to all come in during the low rpms, improving throttle response and the 'seat of your pants' launch.

Convertible is a lot of fun. Used several times in parades and has been absolutely perfect for it. The 5- speed automatic is absolutely the best! After test driving both the manual and automatic, I ordered mine with the automatic because it felt faster - and I've driven/raced manuals for years!

Paint quality isn't the greatest - it seems to be thinly applied and I've gotten a few nasty rock chips that shouldn't have gone as deep as they do. The interior is pretty good, but would be better if they used a higher quality leather.

Great fast car
By luckydawg003

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my GT back in 07. After adding some mods to it, like a cold air intake and a tune. It is truly a fast car. I ran a best of a 13.6 at 103mph in the 1/4 mile track. I get horrible gas mileage, about 14-16mpg. Mostly city driving, and I race my car everywhere. It's just to fun, not to speed in this car. I've had a lot of good races, and smoked a lot of fast cars. The only thing that is bad is the resale value of this car. I prob. lost $10k if I tried to trade it in today. But it has a great exterior, and the interior is nice to.

Performance, speed, power, rwd, 300+hp, affordable. Gets looks all the time, and compliments. Easy to modify and work on.

Improve clutch, and get better stock tires. I have no traction at all in the rain. More power stock, can never have enough. Improve the cheap plastic interior that scratches so easily.

Enjoy it
By john

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Got my ride not long ago but I decided i might as well write a review. I am a truck driver, so driving is what I do. I did not like to drive anywhere before with my F-150 but now I make excuses to leave. I love my 07, I usually drive with the radio full blast but now I love to listen to that v8. Left lane love should be the subtitle of this paragraph. Two complaints, suspension stinks ( upgradable, as is everything in a Mustang), and road noise, which is unacceptable at this price point.

Performance, handling.