Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The best car I have ever owned
By melinda taylor

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles get in all weather. It is heavy and holds the road so much better than the 04 Mustang I traded in and I loved that car but this one with the v8 engine rocks. I enjoy every minute I am driving.

I love the exterior and interior. I bought toughskin gray and love it. The extra power with the v8 is great along with the cool sound.

None

I enjoy my car!
By My Stang

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a grabber orange V6 pony with the package that's hammered on the ground. I love it and get tons of head turns! I have had a little trouble with it randomly dying and the dealership/Ford itself can't figure it out. My car just randomly dies. I have been going up a hill and it locks up/dies or just at a stop light and it dies. Once I put it into park it will fire right up and drive fine for like 6 months. Or it may die again in like another 3 mths. or 2 weeks, It's very random! Wish they could figure it out & fix it! Other then that I love the car. Very fun to drive. I do not drive it in the winter, so not sure how it handles in snow/ice. But overall it's been a good car!

Exterior, sound system & color

The computer in newer vehicles are so touchy that you can't fix anything unless it sends a code to fix it. My fiance believes its the fuel pump but they will not fix it because the machine doesn't tell them thats whats wrong.

Just Love My First Mustang
By Mustanglover

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I first drove a 05 Mustang V6 and after that I just had to own the new style Mustang. My 07 GT convertible is a real blast to drive. Can't decide whether to listen to the exhaust or the 500 watt stereo. Like other comments the gas mileage, acceleration, and handling is superb in this car. This is a true muscle car in my opinion. The 300 HP v8 engine has plenty of power. Mine is the torch red color with the hood scoop option. I get comments all the time about the looks of it. No rattles or problems since I got it new and its just over 2 years old now. Will keep this car for a long time. Paint quality is super on mine. I have keep everything stock on it for now.

The fun to drive factor. The rumble of the v8 exhaust when accelerating or downshifting especially with the top down. The leather seats are very comfortable on a long trip. The 5 speed manual is very fun to drive on this car. 500 watt sound system is awesome in this car even with top down.

Quality of the leather seats could be improved because they are starting to crack already. That's my only complaint.

Great looking and fun but some drawbacks
By rocpat

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall I love my Mustang GT. It's very fun to drive and makes a great daily driver. The style, performance, and sound can't be beat for the price. I drive mine year-round and only the worst snow storms will slow it down. It also gets decent gas mileage when driven with respect. I constantly get around 30 MPG on the highway and 18 MPG with mixed driving. My only complaint is the build quality could stand to be improved. I've brought it to the dealer numerous times to have various parts replaced. None were serious, mostly just to fix rattles, clunks or other odd noises the car was making. Other than that the car has been reliable for the two years I've owned it.

Style, power (although it could always use more), and size of aftermarket for customization.

Build quality. I've had numerous parts replaced to fix annoying sounds. Also paint is pretty thin and easily chipped and scratched.

Mom's have fun too
By Gin

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always loved Ford automobiles. As a mom, I got an Explorer for the diversity of our family. Then when I hit my thirities and the get were older, something was missing. Our family wanted something that was fun and still practical to drive because gas was almost $4.50 per gallon. I was going to get something before my midlife crisis. We test drove a Mustang convertible and the family fit so we bought the car. I love this car. There is nothing I would change. I have enough room for everthing. When you down size from an Explorer then all that kids stuff you just stop bringing everything. Boy do my kids smile when the top is down. Moms go for it!

Leather is great for kids, radio sounds great, gas mileage a lot better than Explorer.

There is nothing I would change about this car