Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great looking and fun but some drawbacks
By rocpat

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall I love my Mustang GT. It's very fun to drive and makes a great daily driver. The style, performance, and sound can't be beat for the price. I drive mine year-round and only the worst snow storms will slow it down. It also gets decent gas mileage when driven with respect. I constantly get around 30 MPG on the highway and 18 MPG with mixed driving. My only complaint is the build quality could stand to be improved. I've brought it to the dealer numerous times to have various parts replaced. None were serious, mostly just to fix rattles, clunks or other odd noises the car was making. Other than that the car has been reliable for the two years I've owned it.

Favorite Features

Style, power (although it could always use more), and size of aftermarket for customization.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality. I've had numerous parts replaced to fix annoying sounds. Also paint is pretty thin and easily chipped and scratched.

Mom's have fun too
By Gin

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always loved Ford automobiles. As a mom, I got an Explorer for the diversity of our family. Then when I hit my thirities and the get were older, something was missing. Our family wanted something that was fun and still practical to drive because gas was almost $4.50 per gallon. I was going to get something before my midlife crisis. We test drove a Mustang convertible and the family fit so we bought the car. I love this car. There is nothing I would change. I have enough room for everthing. When you down size from an Explorer then all that kids stuff you just stop bringing everything. Boy do my kids smile when the top is down. Moms go for it!

Favorite Features

Leather is great for kids, radio sounds great, gas mileage a lot better than Explorer.

Suggested Improvements

There is nothing I would change about this car

Great in the sun, bad in the snow
By Bruce

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was told that the newer Mustangs handeled much better in the snow and ice than the older models. Mine does not. The car handles great it most conditions, but I have problems with a light rain or snow/ice. Granted I live in Chicago and probably shouldn't have bought it as my main car, but didn't think it would be as bad as it is. Spun out twice and had no control of the car after we had some snow in the area. Currently looking for a new car, but this car doesn't hold value. I've had it for a little over a year and it's already lost $11,000. I love my car, and I'll miss it if I sell it, but the winters are just too bad out here.

Favorite Features

Love the sport seating and the engine power.

Suggested Improvements

Since it's rear wheel make ABS and traction control standard on all models and make the car a little heavier. Sand bags don't help all that much.

Mixed Results
By somebode2002

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 9 months. I was never a big stang guy but gave it a shot. The car is for people who want to give a kid who is a auto amatuer who has the time/money to tend to. After 10,000 miles had to get rear brake pads replaced and they still squeak! Plastic interior rattles at times, the auto shifter is cheap. The engine is solid. Keep getting misfiring pistons at start up, even after tune up and new spark plugs. Engine is very reliable, steering is excellent. Don't expect to be able to do any improvements since it'll violate warranty. Struts and shocks are wearing down at 53,000 miles, unlike the Berreta, Toyota, and Pontiac Grand Am I had which had these problems occur at 70,000+

Favorite Features

V6 with OD is solid, strong engine, steering is the 2nd best I've ever been in behind the Boxster, in black looks hot, great handling, sound system is sweet for a Ford

Suggested Improvements

Needs to have better quality build, box air filter kills the engines potential, better quality brakes in rear. Make rear tires both spin when doing burn outs because the way it is now causes bad hydroplaning at various speeds and RPM levels. Emabarrassing MPG for a V6! Don't trust the specs

Success
By Skinnydogred

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 07 GT for well over a year now and love the car and driving experience. For the last 20 years I've driven more fuel efficient trucks and SUVs and it sure does feel nice to have a motor under the hood. The car pretty much follows your foot's command. The car's been out a few years now, but it still attract attention and conversation most places I go. I don't drive the car hard nor do I drive it passive. Speeding tickets could be a problem in this car. When I get out on the road I find myself engaged in the drive. Other cars/traffic seem to always be going to slow; watch yourself if you buy one of these cars to drive!

Favorite Features

Both exterior and interior styling. I feel good while driving down the road and when I walk up to the car it's always the nicest, sporty looking car to my eye. Plenty of power under the hood and a nice V8 exhaust sound; even for quiet neighborhoods. Shaker 500 not too bad for a stock stereo.

Suggested Improvements

While on a nice blacktopped expressway, the GT's a dream. Those warn out Seattle roads are freakin noisy! Too much road noise on most roads and streets! Dash board vibrates; Ford Engineers - be ashamed!