Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Happy Mustang Owner
By TCZ

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive this car in the Chicago area. Winter is not a problem as long as you slow down. When gas was $4 I slowed down and got 25 to 28 MPG in mixed driving.(70% hiway, 30%city) I had to replace the radio (shaker 500) for a minor fault (NC at dealer). The car is plenty fast and a thrill to drive. I have louvers on the rear windows and I'm putting on axle back exhaust to create 10 more HP and an even better sound, also coming is a cold air intake. The car is alloy in color and it turns heads where ever I drive. I cannot recommend it enough if you are looking for a reasonably priced sports car. I'll definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

Performance, looks, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are a little difficult to use when you have the manual transmission.

Best 'stang ever
By Harry Titus

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Being a Mustang owner since 1965 it is much easier for me to offer an accurate view of this new car. We just bout a new '07 coupe with Pony Package. Yes, it is an unsold 07 in 2009! However, because it was two years old we got an unbelieveable deal! Engine is strong, stronger than any six before. Has a powerful throaty exhaust tone. It really scoots too! More power than either of us need. Everything that is good about a Mustang is great in this one. It still has many of the negatives too, like poor winter driving qualities, but, old veteran Mustang guy like me have learned to drive these over the years and I for one, have no trouble driving any Mustang in the winter.

Favorite Features

Of course, the look is timeless. The Pony grille is certainly the most distinct feature. I thing the Pony grille should go on the GT's too! The dash is cool, but a bit too space age for my taste.

Suggested Improvements

Offer some standard 'skinny' wheels to improve winter driving.

The best car I have ever owned
By melinda taylor

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles get in all weather. It is heavy and holds the road so much better than the 04 Mustang I traded in and I loved that car but this one with the v8 engine rocks. I enjoy every minute I am driving.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior and interior. I bought toughskin gray and love it. The extra power with the v8 is great along with the cool sound.

Suggested Improvements

None

I enjoy my car!
By My Stang

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a grabber orange V6 pony with the package that's hammered on the ground. I love it and get tons of head turns! I have had a little trouble with it randomly dying and the dealership/Ford itself can't figure it out. My car just randomly dies. I have been going up a hill and it locks up/dies or just at a stop light and it dies. Once I put it into park it will fire right up and drive fine for like 6 months. Or it may die again in like another 3 mths. or 2 weeks, It's very random! Wish they could figure it out & fix it! Other then that I love the car. Very fun to drive. I do not drive it in the winter, so not sure how it handles in snow/ice. But overall it's been a good car!

Favorite Features

Exterior, sound system & color

Suggested Improvements

The computer in newer vehicles are so touchy that you can't fix anything unless it sends a code to fix it. My fiance believes its the fuel pump but they will not fix it because the machine doesn't tell them thats whats wrong.

Just Love My First Mustang
By Mustanglover

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I first drove a 05 Mustang V6 and after that I just had to own the new style Mustang. My 07 GT convertible is a real blast to drive. Can't decide whether to listen to the exhaust or the 500 watt stereo. Like other comments the gas mileage, acceleration, and handling is superb in this car. This is a true muscle car in my opinion. The 300 HP v8 engine has plenty of power. Mine is the torch red color with the hood scoop option. I get comments all the time about the looks of it. No rattles or problems since I got it new and its just over 2 years old now. Will keep this car for a long time. Paint quality is super on mine. I have keep everything stock on it for now.

Favorite Features

The fun to drive factor. The rumble of the v8 exhaust when accelerating or downshifting especially with the top down. The leather seats are very comfortable on a long trip. The 5 speed manual is very fun to drive on this car. 500 watt sound system is awesome in this car even with top down.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of the leather seats could be improved because they are starting to crack already. That's my only complaint.