2007 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best Present I Always Get - Every Spring
By WNYFordGuy on 08/13/10 07:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'd always driven the 88 GT I owned (bought new) 7-8 months a year, and loved that 'new car' feeling I got whenever I put it on the road every April. Once I saw the retro exterior styling on the '05, and I heard about its great performance, I knew I was going to buy one. I kept the 88 GT for 19 yrs - I really liked it, but I finally ordered an '07 on the Z-plan. The '07 GT is head, mane, and shoulders above the '88 in every way I can think. My 3 boys are going to have to fight me for this car when I get too old to drive it - hopefully when it becomes a true Ford classic in about 20 yrs.

Extremely Happy
By dale1 on 03/19/10 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very good car for the price. Looks great and for a 4.6 L it has great acceleration. The interior could lose the hard plastic but it already did in later models. The transmission should had had 6 gears. The windows do not always go up automatically when you shut the door. I have had no other issues and the quality is very good for a $30K performance car.

Bitter betty
By Jackie on 03/14/10 21:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted to love this car so much, it's beautiful and sexy but quality was lacking. I had experienced so many issues with this car, which out weighed the good experiences. Factory paint bubbles which were dealer fixed, Rattles at 2500 rpm, clunky front end, Manual trans locks out in first gear and reverse (fun at a green light), Fuel pump glitchy, Heater broke, interior gauges flashing random things randomly, phantom window movement. And the king of all the problems a interior water leak which i suspect was the culprit of most of the issues. Oh and 11 mpg ; )

Great Car
By Michael B. on 09/21/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm not an easy sale, which is part of the reason why even though I love this car so much that I do not give it all 10's as the purpose of this is to inform you and not brag about how great of a car this is. The car looks great stock but lacks the power that I personally desire. Easily fixed though with very accessible modifications that you can do. Interior quality can be improved but leave the exterior alone as it looks the way it should. The Handling is great and it behaves like a muscle car is supposed to. Definitely recommend getting an aftermarket intake, exhaust and a custom tune otherwise don't expect to blow by other cars in it's class with ease.

A fun ride
By DjfunkmasterG on 07/16/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang over 2 years now and it is lucky #13. I have been driving Mustangs since 1988. Out of the 13 I have owned only one was a lemon, a 2004 which I bought as a left over, but this 2007 has been spectacular just like the previous 11 models with no issues. While the interior feels like a cockpit and more room was given for taller drivers in the 05 redesigns, it could still use some work. The center console could be a little smaller. Handling is nice with the 18" wheel package. My model also has the 3.55 rear axle. I drive a basic deluxe, the only options were the 3.55 rear, upgraded dash, and the 18" wheels, otherwise barebones, and I love it. Over this is fun car.

Great Fun - Poor Quality
By cheapskate2 on 03/15/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just loved the look of the 2005+ Mustangs when they came out. Finally I got a 2007 GT in 2008. Pros: Great styling inside and out. Has that great V8 muscle car sound and feel that makes it fun to drive. Cons: What is standard trim on most cars like aluminum accents and painted mirrors and such would cost many hundreds of dollars to get for the mustang as aftermarket parts. Engineering and build quality is very poor - 2005 to 2009 mustangs plagued with many problems including stalling, water leaks, suspension clunks, interior rattles, freezing e-brakes, etc. etc. Not a car for where it gets below freezing or rains a lot.

Happy Mustang Owner
By TCZ on 02/03/09 05:40 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive this car in the Chicago area. Winter is not a problem as long as you slow down. When gas was $4 I slowed down and got 25 to 28 MPG in mixed driving.(70% hiway, 30%city) I had to replace the radio (shaker 500) for a minor fault (NC at dealer). The car is plenty fast and a thrill to drive. I have louvers on the rear windows and I'm putting on axle back exhaust to create 10 more HP and an even better sound, also coming is a cold air intake. The car is alloy in color and it turns heads where ever I drive. I cannot recommend it enough if you are looking for a reasonably priced sports car. I'll definitely buy another one.

Great fast car
By luckydawg003 on 10/14/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my GT back in 07. After adding some mods to it, like a cold air intake and a tune. It is truly a fast car. I ran a best of a 13.6 at 103mph in the 1/4 mile track. I get horrible gas mileage, about 14-16mpg. Mostly city driving, and I race my car everywhere. It's just to fun, not to speed in this car. I've had a lot of good races, and smoked a lot of fast cars. The only thing that is bad is the resale value of this car. I prob. lost $10k if I tried to trade it in today. But it has a great exterior, and the interior is nice to.

Fun ride
By dkc on 10/06/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drove many different cars before I bought the Mustang. For the money, I think I bought the best car. Great gas mileage and holds the raod in tight turns. I was in Kansas on business this spring and got a chance to open the car up on I-35. What a ride! I drove from Topeka to Wichita in 97 min. When I check my gas mileage it was around 27 mpg. Oh yes, it is 137 miles between the two cities. Around town the car is very fun and turns a lot of heads. All I can say is fun, fun, fun.

Love my Stang!
By TCZ on 01/30/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 5 speed and I am driving it in the current Chicago winter and it not a problem. The traction control works well. The car is an absolute blast to drive and I get 23-25 MPG in mixed driving. Great job Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.