Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best Midlife Crisis
By rbmidlifer

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was shopping for a Corvette, came very close to buying a C4. Looked at many C5s also. I just couldn't find one that I thought was the right car. My brother-in-law suggested I consider a Mustang GT. I'm very thankful he did, I found a 2007 GT/CS with 22,000 miles on it and couldn't be happier. I bought a much newer, lower mileage Mustang compared to the Vette. I realize many Corvette owners would cringe the thought of even comparing them but the bang for the buck can't be denied. My grin gets larger every time I drive it. I don' regret my decision for one moment.

American muscle old school V8 power and manual transmission.

None.

I adore this car
By tamedcowboy

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

106,000 miles on my GT California Special and stone dead reliable. Smooth, muscular V8 sound. Awesome acceleration. Super comfortable seats and touchpoints. I took it on a 7,600 mile trip last summer, averaged exactly 25 mpg and never got backache. Love, love love the comfort. This is the first car I've ever owned that I enjoy just to take for a drive. Says it all. I hope I own it the rest of my life.

V8 sound and acceleration Engine smoothness Comfort Reliability Visibility. No real blind spots Fuel economy (Had ranged from 23-26.2 mpg on 87 octane!) Practicality. External trunk hinges maximize the space of a rather big trunk. Rear seats fold down. Hydraulic steering gives good road feel Did I say the sound?

Brakes: not enough feel and bite Headlights could be brighter Interior storage.

White Nitris
By isaiahtownsley

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my 2007 Mustang GT Premium with the Premium Trim Package. My Black Stang is very well built, handling is great. I wanted a Mustang ever since I was 6 years old. This has lived up to all the awards and all the facts. This Mustang is the best ever made. Infact it is the longest American muscle car lines. I have low miles on the car. I can't stop thinking about the car. It's a addiction to drive. I love how there is such a wide after market. There is also so many options for the 2007 Mustang I got a Shaker 1000 put into it and its amazing. I also have the tower brace and Holly 4.6 Nitrous. This is the best car ever made. I recommend this car. Townsley

The optional packages this contains. The Shaker 1000, the GT premium. I also love the optional Premium trim package with the leather stitched dashboard and much more. This car is unremarkable. It feels so good to drive around and turn heads and get compliments.

American muscle
By bv

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After reviewing and test driving the 350z, G35 and Mustang gt and I decided to get the Mustang. The z is a blast to drive but doesn't have a back seat. The G35 is expensive to maintain. The great thing about the Mustang is you get a good deal of power in a fun to drive package for a relatively cheap price. With the spoiler, hood scoop and in black, this car can turn heads. In addition, the ride is relatively comfortable for a sport car. This car can be used as a daily commuter and still offer fun at your foots call. With all the after market options the possibilities are endless. Ford got this one right!

V8 power, scoop, leather seats, exhaust rumble, shaker 500

Seats aren't bad, but maybe a bit more support. Could always use more power, but the 2011s addressed that.

Pure Fun to Drive
By Shelby GT

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Shelby GT to own a piece of history. Not too often do you come across a serial numbered car offered at 0% for 60 months. I have always wanted a GT Mustang, and this was an opportunity I could not pass up. I took it on a long road trip in the Summer of 08 and put about 1300 miles on it over a period of 2 weeks, and average 24 MPG with the cruise set at 70 MPH. I just love the short throw shifter Shelby put in, as it gives you the best feeling off the line when shifting gears. The exhaust notes are music to the ears when starting or even when romping on the gas. I have no intentions of trying to get my money back by selling at a later date. I will take this to the grave.

Cold-air intake, FRPP Suspension Kit, Short-throw shifter, and high flow exhaust.

Already done by bringing back the 5.0.