Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My dream convertible at last!
By Neal

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this for a steal as Ford was trying to get rid of all the 2007's for the 2008's, MSRP 36k and bought it for 27k. I have been VERY happy with it from day one. Not a single issue with the vehicle itself. The Tires did wear out VERY quickly at about 20k miles but I replaced them with some high quality aquatreads from Discount Tire. Awesome Shaker 1000 sound system, SO much fun to drive, just wish the kids & wife would let me keep the top down more! Of note, I average 23 MPG on the computer in the car. I live in a rural area so most of my driving is 70- 75 mph on back roads and in town I keep it in 5th gear when going 35-40 mph. love my stick shift!

Body Style, engine, acceleration, stereo.

I replaced the gear shift with a rubber/plastic one for $70 through ford. In Texas heat that metal shift got boiling lava hot and I could hardly shift the dang thing!

Best in class, Period!
By Randall

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my first sports car and have been loving every minute of it. The sound, the ride, the style, everything is amazing. With an intake, tune, and an exhaust system, and the car turned into a completely different animal. I have the California Special in Performance White and it stands out from even other Mustangs.

-The 4.6L V8 with 300 horses and the 5 Speed Tremec transmission. -Unforgettable and timeless late model styling

-Interior creeks from hell -Gets a lot of cabin heat from the cats.

Just Love My First Mustang
By Mustanglover

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I first drove a 05 Mustang V6 and after that I just had to own the new style Mustang. My 07 GT convertible is a real blast to drive. Can't decide whether to listen to the exhaust or the 500 watt stereo. Like other comments the gas mileage, acceleration, and handling is superb in this car. This is a true muscle car in my opinion. The 300 HP v8 engine has plenty of power. Mine is the torch red color with the hood scoop option. I get comments all the time about the looks of it. No rattles or problems since I got it new and its just over 2 years old now. Will keep this car for a long time. Paint quality is super on mine. I have keep everything stock on it for now.

The fun to drive factor. The rumble of the v8 exhaust when accelerating or downshifting especially with the top down. The leather seats are very comfortable on a long trip. The 5 speed manual is very fun to drive on this car. 500 watt sound system is awesome in this car even with top down.

Quality of the leather seats could be improved because they are starting to crack already. That's my only complaint.

Tons of fun in the sun
By Dan

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had many convertibles and sports cars and my GT is right up there with the best ever for all around fun and value. I also have not had many vehicles that get so many people coming over to check it out--a real eye pleaser.

Road performance, eye appeal, ease of power top, shaker sound system, retro look both inside and out, large truck for sports car, comfortable leather seats that gently cradle you.

Cheap plastic interior, lack of technology in cabin.

Mustang GT is back
By Ron H

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun like it was 30 years ago! Fast, reliable. Much better handling. Ride is stiff for old joints.

Engine is outstanding. Fast with a great sound. Don't even need the radio which sounds great too.

Aerodynamics on front end. Looks like a snow plow.