Used 2007 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best Car!
By billyi3

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a chance to buy one of the last, new, original 1973 Mustang convertibles back in 1974, and I made the mistake of letting my Dad talk me out of it. It wasn't until 2007 that I decided it was time for a convertible. I've owned 7 Fords since 1986, and have never had a single problem where the car had to go back to the dealer, so I was confident on quality. I special ordered a redfire metallic, premium V6 Pony convertible with auto transmission, satellite radio, and everything I could get! And, I couldn't be happier! It's very tight, quiet, and a blast to drive! I've added sequential turn signals, and it's a real head-turner!

Love the Pony Package with the fog lights, Shaker 500 sound system, and the color changeable dash lights!

A little more seat support for the driver's seat would be nice. And, I wasn't too happy that I couldn't get the interior upgrade, because it interferred with the Pony Package.

42 months and 93,000 km later
By larry

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

ur silver on black Pony was a retirement gift to ourselves. We have owned 3 Vettes and a '65 Impala convert, and the Pony has been the most fun, economical and reliable. We have put 93,000 km (60k mi) across most of Canada and winters in Arizona the past 3 years. Winnipeg winter mileage is awful, otherwise no fuel complaints. Initially we had a couple of minor warranty claims, otherwise wasted $ buying extended service plan as problem free. I follow the service book to the "T", and the car looks after us. Large trunk hauls our water jugs and groceries to our cottage fine. The heated leather seats are comfy and the car gets a lot of compliments.

Love the upgraded interior and the factory remote start. The Pirelli tires are only good for about 40,000 miles, so love the dealer's " free tires for life" program, saved us $1200. Best feature is the fun we have driving this car top-down, can't get the smile off our tanned faces.

Start moving forward slowly while the top is being raised and the process will freeze around 2 miles an hour. I wish the top would simply complete the travel. I also wish the top would travel on one push of the button. Perhaps subsequent years took care of things.

Inexpensive way to drive a sports car.
By Utah Mike

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got mine used at 17,000 miles and have put another 16,000 miles on it. Now it's 3 years old and runs great. Nice loud exhaust, and with the top down I'm amazed how many people pull up next to me and want to talk about my car. For a V6 it's got lots of pep, although if you romp on the gas, it takes half a second to take off.

The convertible is great, good acceleration. Have only had one problem (see below).

The catalytic converter went out, but it was covered under warranty. The car seats 4, but the two in the back have zero leg room, best if only two drive. Blind spots are a little tough due to the convertible top. For a V6 is kind of a gas hog. I only get about 20-22 mpg.

Get it! And have some fun!
By brent labeau

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great car. If ford had been making these cars 10 years ago they wouldn't be in the trouble there in. Every one needs a convertible, this is a great one. wish it had a little more horse power, but if it did, I wish it had even more.

The sound system, 500 watts

even more power.

Mom's have fun too
By Gin

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always loved Ford automobiles. As a mom, I got an Explorer for the diversity of our family. Then when I hit my thirities and the get were older, something was missing. Our family wanted something that was fun and still practical to drive because gas was almost $4.50 per gallon. I was going to get something before my midlife crisis. We test drove a Mustang convertible and the family fit so we bought the car. I love this car. There is nothing I would change. I have enough room for everthing. When you down size from an Explorer then all that kids stuff you just stop bringing everything. Boy do my kids smile when the top is down. Moms go for it!

Leather is great for kids, radio sounds great, gas mileage a lot better than Explorer.

There is nothing I would change about this car