2007 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best car I've ever had!
By nursemollybsrn on 01/29/12 16:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/14/2011. I've only driven it for over month, it is my daily driver. It has only 19,000 miles on it and it is absoutely stunning! I love everything about this car. The way the engine rumbles, the noise of the blinkers, the sound of the door when you shut it, the stero is kickin', the ease at which the top goes up and down! I have learned that you actually have to be careful in slower traffic because when you step on the gas...you get an instant response. And yes, I have raced it. I have smoked everyone that I have come up against - in town and highway - with barely any effort. This car was made to go fast! And is excellent therapy if you have a stressful day at work!

2007 Mustang V6 Convertible
By steve396 on 10/30/11 13:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car, i got it in July 2011 for 14k, a pretty good deal for my dream car. The v6 is slightly under-powered compared to the Challenger and Camaro v6, but it is also much lighter, actually beating both the challenger and camaro. its a chick magnet, and its fun to see their face when you put the top down ;). Overall its a blast to drive and i'll remember my first car for the rest of my life. I payed for it myself, my father was willing to give me the extra 3k for a malibu, since i live in Traverse City, MI where winters are bad. I got the Mustang anyways and have been extremely happy with our decision! i definitely recommend this car, the engine sounds amazing too! fun fun car

Best Car!
By billyi3 on 10/21/11 13:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a chance to buy one of the last, new, original 1973 Mustang convertibles back in 1974, and I made the mistake of letting my Dad talk me out of it. It wasn't until 2007 that I decided it was time for a convertible. I've owned 7 Fords since 1986, and have never had a single problem where the car had to go back to the dealer, so I was confident on quality. I special ordered a redfire metallic, premium V6 Pony convertible with auto transmission, satellite radio, and everything I could get! And, I couldn't be happier! It's very tight, quiet, and a blast to drive! I've added sequential turn signals, and it's a real head-turner!

Great Summer Car
By mikeonbass on 06/26/11 20:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First - let my inform you readers I'm very car knowlegeable. I am quite skilled in the field of automotive engines and electronics. I deal with driveability issues every day. Having said that -this is my first Ford in 17 years. Its my middle-age-crisis toy. Im a guy who has owned scores of GM vehicles - some good and some lousy. I went with Ford this time because this is a company that doesnt appear to do alot of the dumb engineering things I have witnessed lately on either GM or Mopar. Having said all that lets talk about the car itself. I purchased this winter with only 4300 miles on it. I now have over 16000 miles on it after a few long distance trips the last couple months.

42 months and 93,000 km later
By larry on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

ur silver on black Pony was a retirement gift to ourselves. We have owned 3 Vettes and a '65 Impala convert, and the Pony has been the most fun, economical and reliable. We have put 93,000 km (60k mi) across most of Canada and winters in Arizona the past 3 years. Winnipeg winter mileage is awful, otherwise no fuel complaints. Initially we had a couple of minor warranty claims, otherwise wasted $ buying extended service plan as problem free. I follow the service book to the "T", and the car looks after us. Large trunk hauls our water jugs and groceries to our cottage fine. The heated leather seats are comfy and the car gets a lot of compliments.

My dream convertible at last!
By Neal on 06/16/10 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this for a steal as Ford was trying to get rid of all the 2007's for the 2008's, MSRP 36k and bought it for 27k. I have been VERY happy with it from day one. Not a single issue with the vehicle itself. The Tires did wear out VERY quickly at about 20k miles but I replaced them with some high quality aquatreads from Discount Tire. Awesome Shaker 1000 sound system, SO much fun to drive, just wish the kids & wife would let me keep the top down more! Of note, I average 23 MPG on the computer in the car. I live in a rural area so most of my driving is 70- 75 mph on back roads and in town I keep it in 5th gear when going 35-40 mph. love my stick shift!

I waited six years for this.
By Bonfire on 04/21/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Since the initial unveiling of the new body style for 2005, I have patiently yearned for a 2007 Mustang. My wait finally came to a glorious end last Friday, when I traded-in my 1997 V6 black coupe, and purchased a 2007 Grabber Orange GT convertible. To quote the 1975 Queen song title: "I'm in love with my car." The Mustang GT is all I expected and more. First, since this car is my fifth Mustang, I have grown accustom to the traction-less rear end. Yet the GT feels solid and attached to the road. The car has a terrific low- end sound, yet quiet enough to hear the stereo, passengers, and yes, the familiar convertible "rattle". But I'll take a little "rattle" over a mini-van any day of the week!

Weekend Fun
By MarkK on 04/06/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used 2007 GT/CS convertible for some summer fun, This car is a blast to drive on a sunny day with the top down. Great acceleration and exhaust note. It also handles better than I expected. The lower profile and 18 inch wheels on the California Special probably helps here. I bought this car strictly for weekend and pleasure driving and so far I'm very pleased.

Inexpensive way to drive a sports car.
By Utah Mike on 04/01/10 07:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got mine used at 17,000 miles and have put another 16,000 miles on it. Now it's 3 years old and runs great. Nice loud exhaust, and with the top down I'm amazed how many people pull up next to me and want to talk about my car. For a V6 it's got lots of pep, although if you romp on the gas, it takes half a second to take off.

A Striking Blonde Airhead of a Car
By PowerSurfer on 03/11/10 05:21 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If this were a car, it would be a blond airhead that seduces you in the beginning but doesn't hold your interest and isn't reliable over the long run. After three years the only part of the car I like is the V8 engine. The suspension is crude and not up to the power of the engine. The manual trans is hard to shift, and the clutch is heavy. This car requires a lot of attention to drive smoothly, especially in anything but warm dry weather- and I've been to performance driving school. The stereo is missing the midrange, it's all highs & lows and the menu system is dangerous to use while driving. The ergonomics are horrible, with cup holders in the way of the shifter and inadequate storage.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.