Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best car I've ever had!
By nursemollybsrn

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/14/2011. I've only driven it for over month, it is my daily driver. It has only 19,000 miles on it and it is absoutely stunning! I love everything about this car. The way the engine rumbles, the noise of the blinkers, the sound of the door when you shut it, the stero is kickin', the ease at which the top goes up and down! I have learned that you actually have to be careful in slower traffic because when you step on the gas...you get an instant response. And yes, I have raced it. I have smoked everyone that I have come up against - in town and highway - with barely any effort. This car was made to go fast! And is excellent therapy if you have a stressful day at work!

Great Summer Car
By mikeonbass

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First - let my inform you readers I'm very car knowlegeable. I am quite skilled in the field of automotive engines and electronics. I deal with driveability issues every day. Having said that -this is my first Ford in 17 years. Its my middle-age-crisis toy. Im a guy who has owned scores of GM vehicles - some good and some lousy. I went with Ford this time because this is a company that doesnt appear to do alot of the dumb engineering things I have witnessed lately on either GM or Mopar. Having said all that lets talk about the car itself. I purchased this winter with only 4300 miles on it. I now have over 16000 miles on it after a few long distance trips the last couple months.

The car has great exterior looks obviously. The 4.6 3 valver is a great engine with a very linear torque curve. It pulls steady all the way to 6K with no peakiness. The clutch is smooth and tranny is a joy to shift. You can start in second gear as easy as first. The instrument panel is very attractive and laid out simply. Same goes for all the interior controls for AC, Heating and radio. Power top works slick. Nothing much to figure out and fumble with. Steering is very quick and handling nimble. The interior is pretty good. The power leather seats are great. Very comfortable on long trips. This convertible has NO wind noise whatsoever at any speed. Top up or down.

The dashboard is a little cheap with plastic. It could use a real padded dash like in the Shelbys. Independant real wheel suspension would be nice but is only an issue for me on rough roads. Ford should caution thier owners to change the oil every 3000 miles instead of 5. This engine has electronic "VVT". (Variable Valve Timing). You cant let it get real dirty without risking cam phazer problems. This applies to any engine with "VVT" no matter who builds it. Trust me on this.

I waited six years for this.
By Bonfire

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Since the initial unveiling of the new body style for 2005, I have patiently yearned for a 2007 Mustang. My wait finally came to a glorious end last Friday, when I traded-in my 1997 V6 black coupe, and purchased a 2007 Grabber Orange GT convertible. To quote the 1975 Queen song title: "I'm in love with my car." The Mustang GT is all I expected and more. First, since this car is my fifth Mustang, I have grown accustom to the traction-less rear end. Yet the GT feels solid and attached to the road. The car has a terrific low- end sound, yet quiet enough to hear the stereo, passengers, and yes, the familiar convertible "rattle". But I'll take a little "rattle" over a mini-van any day of the week!

The design. The sound. The colors. The tingle of adrenaline as 300 horsepower springs to life in my garage in the morning.

Possibly removing the gas gauge from the instrument panel. It is hard to watch the gas needle zoom toward empty on a daily basis.

Weekend Fun
By MarkK

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used 2007 GT/CS convertible for some summer fun, This car is a blast to drive on a sunny day with the top down. Great acceleration and exhaust note. It also handles better than I expected. The lower profile and 18 inch wheels on the California Special probably helps here. I bought this car strictly for weekend and pleasure driving and so far I'm very pleased.

Exhaust note and a second gear that has plenty of pull. Shaker 500 system is easy to hear at high speeds with the top down. Great looks.

Poor design on cup holders. Can't shift if you have a drink in the front holder. You'll get the standard rattles of a convertible with the top up but I didn't buy it to drive with the top up.

A Striking Blonde Airhead of a Car
By PowerSurfer

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If this were a car, it would be a blond airhead that seduces you in the beginning but doesn't hold your interest and isn't reliable over the long run. After three years the only part of the car I like is the V8 engine. The suspension is crude and not up to the power of the engine. The manual trans is hard to shift, and the clutch is heavy. This car requires a lot of attention to drive smoothly, especially in anything but warm dry weather- and I've been to performance driving school. The stereo is missing the midrange, it's all highs & lows and the menu system is dangerous to use while driving. The ergonomics are horrible, with cup holders in the way of the shifter and inadequate storage.

The engine in warm weather. Exterior design. As a Vista Blue convertible it's a chick magnet for women of all ages.

Crude suspension, manual trans, ergonomics, sound system, lack of storage, overall quality, friendliness of dealers. Lots of rattles after 24,000 miles.