Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best Present I Always Get - Every Spring
By WNYFordGuy

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'd always driven the 88 GT I owned (bought new) 7-8 months a year, and loved that 'new car' feeling I got whenever I put it on the road every April. Once I saw the retro exterior styling on the '05, and I heard about its great performance, I knew I was going to buy one. I kept the 88 GT for 19 yrs - I really liked it, but I finally ordered an '07 on the Z-plan. The '07 GT is head, mane, and shoulders above the '88 in every way I can think. My 3 boys are going to have to fight me for this car when I get too old to drive it - hopefully when it becomes a true Ford classic in about 20 yrs.

Favorite Features

Awesome looking car (bright red w/ opt. black racing stripes, and I think the std 17" 5-spoke rims look fantastic), great performance, exhaust burble, smooth 5-speed transmission/clutch, MyColor/dashboard, Aux input for iPod. And it gets 21 MPG in the limited driving (3k/yr) I do!

Suggested Improvements

Do the U-joints have to be so loud (occasionally) when shifting? Replace hard/cheap plastics in interior, and the useless cup holders. I wish there was a Ford stereo upgrade - something between the std equipment and the Shaker 500. Maybe I'm too old, but I like the sound sys in my 04 Explorer.

Extremely Happy
By dale1

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very good car for the price. Looks great and for a 4.6 L it has great acceleration. The interior could lose the hard plastic but it already did in later models. The transmission should had had 6 gears. The windows do not always go up automatically when you shut the door. I have had no other issues and the quality is very good for a $30K performance car.

Favorite Features

The looks and power for a small engine, the sound out of the exhaust and the shaker stereo.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed gear box

Bitter betty
By Jackie

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted to love this car so much, it's beautiful and sexy but quality was lacking. I had experienced so many issues with this car, which out weighed the good experiences. Factory paint bubbles which were dealer fixed, Rattles at 2500 rpm, clunky front end, Manual trans locks out in first gear and reverse (fun at a green light), Fuel pump glitchy, Heater broke, interior gauges flashing random things randomly, phantom window movement. And the king of all the problems a interior water leak which i suspect was the culprit of most of the issues. Oh and 11 mpg ; )

Favorite Features

The looks i used to get from all the men drooling lol

Suggested Improvements

Intake and tune should be standard, its boring without it... and build a better car!

Great Car
By Michael B.

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm not an easy sale, which is part of the reason why even though I love this car so much that I do not give it all 10's as the purpose of this is to inform you and not brag about how great of a car this is. The car looks great stock but lacks the power that I personally desire. Easily fixed though with very accessible modifications that you can do. Interior quality can be improved but leave the exterior alone as it looks the way it should. The Handling is great and it behaves like a muscle car is supposed to. Definitely recommend getting an aftermarket intake, exhaust and a custom tune otherwise don't expect to blow by other cars in it's class with ease.

Favorite Features

Solid engine, great looking, acts the way a muscle car should act, very easy to access aftermarket upgrades for this car. I am a big guy and this car SHOCKED me with the amount of front seat space.

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs improvements. Stop using hard plastic and throw in some soft vinyl like back in the good old days. Speakers rattle at times due to plastic covers. Engine Response slow but again can be improved with an aftermarket throttle body/intake/tune. It moves but sometimes hesitates stock.

A fun ride
By DjfunkmasterG

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang over 2 years now and it is lucky #13. I have been driving Mustangs since 1988. Out of the 13 I have owned only one was a lemon, a 2004 which I bought as a left over, but this 2007 has been spectacular just like the previous 11 models with no issues. While the interior feels like a cockpit and more room was given for taller drivers in the 05 redesigns, it could still use some work. The center console could be a little smaller. Handling is nice with the 18" wheel package. My model also has the 3.55 rear axle. I drive a basic deluxe, the only options were the 3.55 rear, upgraded dash, and the 18" wheels, otherwise barebones, and I love it. Over this is fun car.

Favorite Features

The premium Dash, and the pick from the start line. The 5 speed manual transmission. This car will get from 0- 60 in just over 5 seconds. And the growl from the dual exhaust powered by the 4.6L 3v V8 is music to my ears

Suggested Improvements

Slim down the center console an inch on each side. Standard radio system should by the Shaker 500. For automatic models maybe introduce autostick, and for the love of god make all wheels 19" standard