Used 2007 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2007 Mustang V6 Convertible
By steve396

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car, i got it in July 2011 for 14k, a pretty good deal for my dream car. The v6 is slightly under-powered compared to the Challenger and Camaro v6, but it is also much lighter, actually beating both the challenger and camaro. its a chick magnet, and its fun to see their face when you put the top down ;). Overall its a blast to drive and i'll remember my first car for the rest of my life. I payed for it myself, my father was willing to give me the extra 3k for a malibu, since i live in Traverse City, MI where winters are bad. I got the Mustang anyways and have been extremely happy with our decision! i definitely recommend this car, the engine sounds amazing too! fun fun car

Favorite Features

i love the seats, they say mustang right on them, i also love the way it handles. then sound of the engine also constantly reminds you that you're driving a muscle car.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a better interior and front end

Great first experience with a Mustang
By Ben

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2007 Mustang V6, which is my first new car and a serious step up from my old beater. I absolutely love the way it looks and it's a blast to drive. The interior looks great and is very comfortable, with only 2 exceptions. Having a manual tranny, I find the cupholders are not very good, and the car really need an overhead handle on the passenger side. Other than that the car is great. It's fun to drive, looks great and is still resonably roomy for a sports car.

Favorite Features

Great exterior looks, awesome dash set up, even the V6 sounds great, and very comfortable to shift and drive.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are not good for manual transmission, and where is the passenger side overhead handle? This car really needs it.

Water Soaked Piece of JUNK
By WaterSoakedLemon

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is junk. The quality of this vehicle is so substandard that they left a 3" unsealed seam that lets water in causing electrical system failures and the car to become such a mildewed, mold covered stinking mess that Ford dealers won't even take the car as trade in. (Not an isolated incident. Search "2005-2007 MUSTANG LEAKS" and watch what you find.) Ford finds this kind of defect acceptable. They will patch it and send you on your way, regardless of any other damage that might have occurred). If you anticipate customer service and any assistance from Ford, don't hold your breath. These cars come with a taillight warranty, when they can't see your taillights your warranty is over.

Favorite Features

Makes an attractive over priced paperweight. It an absolutely great place to grow mold. If you like the smell of mildew in your expensive convertible, this car is a MUST have. Gives birds a place to sit while rusting in your driveway. Lowers gas bills, after water damage you won't want to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

FIGURE OUT HOW TO BUILD A CAR THAT KEEPS WATER OUT OF THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT AND OUT OF THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. Ford should seriously work on how not to treat a customer like crap after the sale. The Mustang is nice looking, but even a shiny piece of junk is just that, a shiny piece of junk.

2005 Stang Review
By SFC Stang

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I have enjoyed this Mustang for the past month since we traded in our 2004 Mustang. Has surprising power, and response that is enjoyable. Lots of heads turn, most responses we get is for the color. Windviel Blue, seems to have everyone's attention. My wife likes going from our Xtreme Blazer to the Mustang, easy transition from one to another, but starting out in second in the Chevy, can't be done in the Mustang. Well at least not for her.

Favorite Features

Some of the great things about this car, is the profile....yes, has the look of a low to the ground I own the street look...from the front, the Mustang screams "LOOK at Me." And from the side, this new body style has all car lovers drawn to take a closer look. I like the seats, conform well to the body.

Suggested Improvements

I do have a few of those....what is up with the trip reset button, being hard to get to...also why is the rear axle and drive shaft, RUSTY, it's on all the Mustangs...I do not let anyone look under my car for any reason. Wow, the V6 has some small tires, lets get with it.