2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: The American Muscle Car is Bac

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

2006 Ford Mustang

GT Deluxe Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

The American Muscle Car is Back!
By Patrick on

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a fantastic car! The retro design is what caught my attention when I first saw one on the road in January 2005. I'm 43 years old and can remember the Mustang's of the late 60's and early 70's where the new 2005/06 gets its design from. I got the 4.6L V8 deluxe with automatic transmission and I get about 20mpg overall which is not bad for a V8. The seats are firm but very comfortable. I've taken one trip so far that was 4 hours long and I didn't feel worn out or tired at all at my destination. The car is also very well balanced and feels as though it's "glued" to the road at higher speeds and there was no vibration in the steering wheel.

Definitely the retro design of earlier Mustangs is why I bought this car. The powerful V8 makes this a real fun car to drive and it's so comfortable even on long trips. This car really stands out in the crowd too, it turns a lot of heads and gets a lot of attention everywhere I go.

The only improvements I can think of are to provide the passenger seat with the same type of power controls that the driver seat has and to position the ignition a bit higher on the steering column since I'm always hitting the keys with my right knee when driving.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review