2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Max Lives

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

2006 Ford Mustang

Standard Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Max Lives
By Max Lives on

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this Horsey in memory of my dad, Max M. Kruger a design engineer and an original member of the Mustang design team under Lee Iaccoca at Ford. Compared to my 2 previous '73 Mach I joys, this Steed is more stealthy, has greater visibility and obviously more technologically refined. Had only one real issue with her. The trip meter occasionally zero's itself even after extensive dealer repairs and tech help from Ford. Yes a few rattles. Also needed a new battery due to Florida heat. Got a set of General Ulimax HP tires and they are the best I ever owned. I'm not sure which I like better, watching my wife drive off in her, me driving us, or just looking at her. Max Lives!

Looks, Rides better than all previous Mustangs. Beautiful eclectic design taking most elements from 66'-68' era and blending with a more progressive and respectful styling. The V6 engine puts out more HP than the V8 289 and 302 CID engines of the late 60's & handles much better and stops on a dime.

Ford has addressed my hopeful improvements with a smaller, more powerful and fuel efficient V6. The 2011 also sports dual exhaust and a very cool front end and original 60's upward sloping quarter panel. I really enjoy the '05-'07 rear end and the rear spoiler on the '06 Fix all the rattles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review