Only a few minior issues
By DLJ on
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I drive very little (about 5k miles per year), but when I do i like to wring it out around town, on the highway, and twisty back-country roads. This car handles them all very well. Haven't had any real issues, and have kept up with scheduled maintenance. I did have a transmission pan leak which was repaired by a dealer; a few months later it was leaking again and the dealer fixed it again (free as was still under warr. then). I have an extended warranty for peace of mind but don't anticipate needing it. There has always been a little squeak near the gauge cluster, which I meant to get fixed but it hasn't bothered me enough to do so.
Favorite Features
After-market items that I have added are my favorite: sequential tail-lights, chrome Bullitt rims, rear 1/4 window louvers, front grill billet overlay, shorty antenna. I also removed the rocker panel stripes and "Mustang" lettering. The car gets compliments frequently.
Suggested Improvements
For 2010 model year onward: go back to the 2005-2009 rear-end style! Standard equipment CD player that plays mp3 CD's (only plays regular CD's).