Mustang GT Review
By stanger on
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
My GT has been a pleasure; no problems so far and what I expected performance wise. The fit and finish is excellent and the retro look is a refreshing step back in time. Gas mileage is better than expected. I get 17 - 17.5 in stop and go city driving. I made one road trip of 660 miles and got 26.8 mpg at interstate speeds averaging 65 to 70 mph. Seating is very comfortable. Trunk space is surprisingly useful for a sporty subcompact (I do not have the Shaker 1000 which does eat up trunk space). The ride quality is very good on smooth flat surface; the expected bumps on broken surface. Acceleration is superb for a less than $30,000 automobile with a small V-8. Thumbs up to Ford.
Favorite Features
My favorite features: 5-speed manual transmission performs flawlessly with nice short throws. One touch power windows are nice. Quite honestly, the entire car is a favorite and I have owned them all from Corvette to BMW 535 to Mustang, etc.
Suggested Improvements
Suggested improvements: more personal than absolutely necessary. I would like to see a compass/temperature display as standard equipment which IMO should be standard in most cars. A Homelink option would be nice. Full leather instead of leather seating surfaces.