2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Most Fun for the Dollar

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Most Fun for the Dollar
By Andrew Rheude on

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Start-up sound makes you swoon. Exterior styling is perfect. Interior comfort (front seats only) is impeccable. Performance is fabulous. As you can tell, this car is all about emotion. I drove it to Florida in late November with plans to stop halfway for the night. But the car was so much fun to drive that I kept going. Twenty hours later I reached my destination and still wanted to keep driving. Of the 51 vehicles that have passed through my hands in the last thirty-five years, this is the most enjoyable. Note: With only 8300 miles, and being stored during the winter, I cannot truthfully report on longer-term reliability.

Driver comfort, exterior styling, power, brakes, handling. And, as an aside, the looks and remarks I get from observers. From a ten-year-old girl in the neighborhood to a stranger at the grocery store, "nice car".

Storage capacity could be enhanced by folding rear seats, expanding the trunk. I realize that this may not be feasible in the interest of body flex in a convertible. Gas economy is poor (Corvette does much better with a larger engine and more horses). Rear seats are really not suited for people.