Mid-life fantasy
By Dave on
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I bought a convertible before I got too old to appreciate it, and I'm glad I did. My grandkids complain I'm too old to be driving such a hot car. Car is an absolute blast to drive, head and shoulders better than my 2000 GT coupe. Car looks super with top down, and I frequently get compliments. Power top has been trouble-free, no leaks to date. Biggest issue I have is interior squeaks/rattles I never had with my 2000 GT, which are annoying when top is up. Shaker 500 stereo is nice but I'm not sure speakers are suited to it. Rear defrost switch is in awkward position, hard to operate/see when in 5th gear. Using cupholders can make shifting awkward. Still, a tremendous value, super to drive.
Favorite Features
Power, handling, ease of top operation, TCS, shifter, CD changer, power seat comfort, proximity feature on side windows
Suggested Improvements
More power, 6-speed manual tranny, relocate/redesign rear defrost switch, cupholders, and console. I would love a manumatic tranny with paddles on wheel. Functional hood scoop or shaker hood would further distinguish GT from V-6 model.