2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Love my Pony

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Love my Pony
By Pony Tail on

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Red Fire 2006 V6, 5 speed coupe for a month now. The more I drive it the happier I am I bought it. Having come from ownership of smaller Japanese economy oriented vehicles in the recent past this car was a dramatic change for me. I owned both a '69 and '70 Mustang in the somewhat distant past. My '06 is all that those cars were and so much more! The performance from the 4.0 lt. V6 is impressive. It is deceptively fast and has a very V8 feel and sound to it. The car's handling is very planted, responsive and predictable. I did a 200 + mile fun trip in the twisty mountain roads to the west of here and had a grin on my face the whole time.

Incredibly fun to drive. Killer bang for the buck. Decent mileage for a performance oriented car. I'm averaging 16-17 in town and 26-28 on the highway, and I don't drive slow. Great styling, best mix of the old 'stangs. Good ergonomics. Very comfortable for two around town and on the road.

Dual exhaust for the V6 too!