2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Having fun

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Review

Having fun
By S. Taylor on

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm having the time of my life! After years of minivans & sedans, my wife decided I needed a "fun" car. I've wanted a Mustang since drooling over the 67's as a kid. This has all the style of that vintage, with the benefit of some 21st century engineering. The V6 has plenty of get up and go for my needs. I enjoy the modestly "throaty" sound, especially on startup. The leather interior and Shaker 500 sound system just add to the fun. While I would like to get even better gas mileage, it's hard to complain about 20 mpg (my average so far) given the power available. No more "lugging" up hills!

The looks from other guys my age who are clearly thinking "wow!" The power seat & lumbar support are also helpful for this aging fan.

Easier access to the seatbelt from front seats. Height adjustment for front passenger would also be nice. But that's really getting picky. It's a great car! My Reliability score is a guess at this point: too new to tell. But everything seems well constructed so far.