2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Have your cake and eat it too!

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Premium Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Have your cake and eat it too!
By Green Onion on

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We ordered our's Labor Day of '05 and picked it up in Nov. Power, handling, MPG, looks are all amazing. At first, the MPG was awful but it's only temporary. After the break in period, I've seen as high as 26 MPG (at avg. 77 MPH) and regularly get 23-24 MPG on my commute (1/3 city 2/3rds Hwy). I suspect, it could go as high as 30 MPG on a long trip and a moderate 65mph but don't think I never put my foot in it. Plenty have tried but no one has beat me in stop light drags. Handling is surprising for solid rear axle, but would prefer a proper independent rear suspension. There are downsides, heavy doors, squeaks & rattles from dash but this is one of the most pleasurable cars on the road!

Power! 95% of what is on the road can't touch this car for performance but with only a little care you can get great MPG. A friend's 4 Cyl. Accord gets 27 MPG on his commute. I get 24 MPG on a similar commute. Looks fantastic. Exhaust note is gorgeous. Great trunk space. Leather Seats.

Lateral Support. Interior trim is cheap. Manual is clunky. The Mustang would be world class with Independent Rear Suspension option. Better service: Dealer recommended service for the rear end. Took 2 more trips to get out all the groans & vibrations! 21 days total without the car, ridiculous!