2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Nice Pony

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Premium Coupe (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Nice Pony
By david on

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Options on our car include the Pony package, leather seats and upgraded stereo. Having owned a '65 Mustang Fastback for many years I really wasn't expecting to be impressed by the new Mustangs. Boy was I wrong. With each session behind the wheel of the new Pony, the poor handling, braking and lack of air conditioning of my classic Pony becomes even more evident. The new Pony really is more fun to drive. Even though I bought the car for my daughter, I do get to drive it when it needs gas. Which isn't that often since the peppy V6 gets 18-20mpg in town & 26-30 mpg on the road. So many styling cues taken from the early Mustangs I feel right at home in this car.

Appearance and economy. The interior styling is retro cool. Love the Pony package wheels and handling. No issues at all.

More back seat headroom. Adults over 6' tall sitting in the back seat must sit with their heads pushed up against the rear glass. A pad on the hard center console to cushion driver's right knee would be nice! Make it easier for older folks to enter and exit. Guess that's what convertibles are for.