Car is really fast
By circpro on
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I test drove many other sport convertibles, but liked the ride of the Mustang best. I would have picked the Honda 2000, but it is so tiny, you better be 135 lbs and 5'5". The Nissan 350Z was nice, but you feel every bump in the road. This car is great except the quality of the interior for the price. I had an F150 Lariat, and the interior quality was far better equal price. The leather seats are very nice, but at 5'10" I find my knee resting against the center console. The stereo is outstanding for a factory unit, but I could tell no difference in the quality between the Shaker 500 and the 1000 even though the 1000 comes with a sub in the trunk.
Favorite Features
Stereo, Very fast speed. Get the manual if you want top speed performance. fewest blind spots of all the convertibles I tested. Factory stereo plays homemade MP3 cds with ease and displays the song title!
Suggested Improvements
XM or Sirius radio option. (heck, it took them 10 years to add cd players instead of cassettes!). Cup holders in the way with manual. Back seat is only good for storage, zero leg room! Plastic on dash seems more like a Kia than a Ford.