2006 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best new car I've owned

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Premium Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Best new car I've owned (I've owned 8)
By Super critical on

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First the bad. Struggling to get a full tank is unacceptable. Turning the nozzle upside down usually fixs the problem. Car is kinda thirsty but for the performance you get on regular gas, it's within the bounds of acceptable. I have an automatic and the hesitation on downshifting is unacceptable and unsafe when driving aggressively. Now the good. In over 39000 miles, it's never left me stranded. Never been in the shop for repairs. Cabin is squeak and rattle free still. Took it on a 8000mi trip and NEVER got out of it with a back ache. Stereo is great. Seat, console and door armrest position is the best I've ever had. I love the car and I'm not an easy person to please. Worth a look!

Favorite Features

Seating position comfort. Mach 500 stereo. High performance on regular gas. Fold down rear seat allows you to carry long objects with ease. Trouble free in 39k of relatively hard driving.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fuel tank filling problem. Eliminate downshifting hesitation with automatic. 6 spd transmission for better mileage?