All Show, Not Enough Go
By Brian on
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I knew Ford had a winner when I saw the wonderful concept car. With slick retro styling and more power, I was sure I would love the car. I really like both interior and exterior styling and the car is very comfortable, even with the stiff(ish) suspension tuning. The car handles pretty well for the money too. I am a bit disappointed with the lack-luster acceleration. I'm not looking for high-end V8 numbers here, but I don't feel even a slight surge when flooring the accelerator-even when downshifting first. It seems to accelerate the same whether the pedal is at half-way or pinned to the floor. Most of us don't drag race these things, but a little more power would be appreciated.
Favorite Features
The styling is great. A nice mixture of retro and modernistic styling. Pretty good shifter too.
Suggested Improvements
Straight line acceleration would be great. Nothing too ridiculous, just enough to remind us that we are in fact, in a Mustang. I'd also like to see a different position for the cup holders. Cups tend to get in the way of shifting.