2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Get an import
By never_again on 12/14/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this brand spanking new 06' Mustang GT Premium this past March. Initially, I was impressed with the power and acceleration of the 4.6L V8; however, there was much to be desired from the transmission as shifting became tedious and clunky, with a stiff clutch, in this 5-speed manual. Shifting was anything but smooth as you had to literally force the shifter into each gear with overwhelming effort. This became a nightmare in traffic and city driving. Do yourself a favor, if you want a true quick and nimble sports car with butter-smooth shifting, get yourself an import.

One Bad Yellow Steeda
By ScubaSteve on 11/25/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just love this car. It's a blast to drive. Add some Steeda magic to it and it leaves the competition wondering "Where'd it go?" A few fit and finish issues keep it from scoring higher with me, but I love it so much, I'm going to get another. A Grabber Orange convertible will be added to our stable of Fords very soon. Look for its tail lights on a street near you.

Excellent Vehicle
By corey on 11/25/06 09:46 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always loved the Mustang and after buying this car I am even more in love with it. From its leather interior to its premium sound to its powerful engine, this car leaves little to be desired from any car enthusiast.

2006 Mustang
By Darrell Gray on 11/25/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a V6 It's fast. Most V8 don't have a chance.

THIS PONY ROCKS by Sean
By BOLD MOVES on 11/25/06 06:25 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 06' GT is Redfire/Black interior and 18" polished aluminum Bullets. This is my 5th Mustang since 1982 and by far it out performs all the others. To date, I have 8500 problem free miles on this pony. I added the Homelink rear view mirror, trunk cargo divider, window tint, nad XM radio. I consistently average 19 MPG city (without A/C) and up to 26 MPG level highway at 70 MPH. This is a "creature-comfort" Mustang...unlike the past Mustangs. The looks and questions I get in parking lots and traffic? Constant! Interesting note - night driving with fogs on attracts oncoming high beam flashers. All-in-all, if you're thinking of buying one? Do it! BOLD MOVES...YEAH!

Love My Stang
By Ernesto Cancio on 11/16/06 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best Mustang GT I ever owned; not has fast as my 1986 but it was not governed. At the age of 45 speed not that important but it looks good and feels even better.

Awesome Car
By Awesome!! by Tom on 11/13/06 14:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a head-turner, everyone comments on it. Took a friend for a ride and he said "I didn't think they made cars like this anymore, this thing is unbelievable. I had the GT-500 stripes, side window louvers, taillight bezels and special grill added to this. I am planning to add a Roush supercharger to take this to 415hp. I love this car. This is the most customizable car on the planet. There are thousands of cool add on parts for this car.

2006 Mustang GT
By GH on 11/11/06 10:24 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car, for the money it can't be beat, and I've always been a Chevy guy! (3 Z/28's). The engine has a sweet note above 3000 rpm and pulls solid to 6000. The most surprising thing has been the great gas mileage, it's much better than I expected. I think that there is tons of room for simple, effective performance gains and in a few years 400-500 HP S197's will be everywhere, Shelbys not withstanding,

Giddy Up!
By brenda on 11/11/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. Only difficult thing about the car is the seat belt. Other than that it has everything I need in a car. Beats my Mercedes.

Dream Car
By Michele on 11/11/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having grown up with the Mustang, I fell in love again with this one. Of course I wanted certain things and when my husband called me to say my car was on the lot, I was in heaven. I told him to get a salesman to slap a sold sticker on it, I was getting a check. Pony package a must and of course it had to have a stick. No fun driving a pony unless I can control it. It's a V6 4.0, and moves. Gas mileage is good. Can't believe I've had it a year already. No, it's not a mid-life crisis, just the car I've always dreamed about, that I finally have. Would recommend this car to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.