2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Not Very Reliable!
By Jarred on 09/12/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mustang but I have had so many problems with it I wish I could get rid of it! The first problem was the rear end started leaking at 2,000 miles, fixed. Hood insulation started burning at 2,500, fixed. Trunk popped on its own, fixed after 3 dealer visits. No start or die at idle, dealer cant find a problem. Mustang stripes below doors bubbled up, not fixed! Two weeks ago my car totally died, after fighting with Corporte Ford a week they let the dealer look at it, ignition coil pack fell off, yeah fell off, how in the hell! Car still dies and trembles hard at low RPM's! Oh to top it off Ford gave me a Chevy Cobalt to drive while they fixed mine...I'd buy a Cobalt, thats the truth!

Waiting for the Camaro
By dave1958 on 08/22/07 06:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Couldnt wait for the Camaro so I bought a Mustang GT convertible. I am not greatly impressed with the 300 HP. I would have bought a Shelby except for the $25K upcharge

Who says you can't go back?
By Mike on 08/13/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the car privately about 6 weeks ago, and have had a blast with it since! A few road trips, taken my 2 boys and their friends for rides, just a real fun experience. I've had about a dozen cars (and even a few trucks) revving engines and wanting to race. Also had lots of comments on the "nice ride", one fellow with a PT cruiser convertable even made an offer to buy it at a stop light! I had a 77 Cobra back when, and I have to admit you really can go back with this car. If you want to have fun, you can't really go wrong with this ride.

Love it
By nis350ztt on 07/23/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned mine for a year, and I love it. Only complaints are fairly minor. The build quality isn't great. You're most likely going to have problems with it, whether minor or not depends though.

Best Mustang Ever
By edorgon on 07/20/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First had a '67, and of course regret ever getting rid of it. Bought this as a leftover in December 06 for a steal, loaded with rebates, dealer concessions, etc. Best buy in a car ever. Solid as a rock. Fast, and the sweetest engine rumble. Handles exceptionally well, and goes almost as quick as my supercharged 01 Jag XKR. Rougher, more raw power, but it adds to fun. Amazingly solid for a conv. A truly fantastic value with auto, premium everything, etc. Great car. Tempts me to get rid of my Jag and match this conv with an 08 fully loaded GT coupe!

Mid-life fantasy
By Dave on 05/30/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a convertible before I got too old to appreciate it, and I'm glad I did. My grandkids complain I'm too old to be driving such a hot car. Car is an absolute blast to drive, head and shoulders better than my 2000 GT coupe. Car looks super with top down, and I frequently get compliments. Power top has been trouble-free, no leaks to date. Biggest issue I have is interior squeaks/rattles I never had with my 2000 GT, which are annoying when top is up. Shaker 500 stereo is nice but I'm not sure speakers are suited to it. Rear defrost switch is in awkward position, hard to operate/see when in 5th gear. Using cupholders can make shifting awkward. Still, a tremendous value, super to drive.

"Payback Pony"
By Lizard on 05/25/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

While in hospital for 4 months, I used the latest style Mustang as my "carrot to recovery." My 1st "pinned in the seat" experience was in a '68 428 (I was 9). V6 goes like a small V8. In Canada, Ford markets this as the "Pony Pkg," which includes the handling pkg (ABS, traction control, and rear sway bar). Beautiful "Bullitt" wheels (17") and Pirrelli's, are included, along with Pony badging. 5 speed auto is smooth and saves gas (22 mpg imp). Build quality rivals my Camry. The vented, 4 wheel disc brakes are amazing! Car really handles well, too. Overall, I'm very pleased, with this well balanced car. The 210 horsepower V6 is ample for today's economy/gas prices/speed limits.

Droptop fun
By Jerry Grant on 04/30/07 22:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent all round fun to drive car. Our V6 is equiped with the optional Pony package. This really helps out in the handling dept with added rear anti- sway bar, ABS,and 17" alloy rims. Take one for a drive. You'll love it.

Awesome!
By MustangLover on 03/31/07 02:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Have Mustang blood due to multiple Mystangs owned by parents. Had to sell a rare "Q-code" '73 Cobra Jet Mach I while in graduate school, but promised I would replace it with a better car. '06 GT is faster, better looking, better handling, gets better mileage, is safer, it's better in nearly every way! Power is very impressive and surprises most. This car is quick and sounds wonderful. I love my Mustang, but did knock off an interior design point due to stupid cup holder location.

Nothing but problems
By Disgusted on 03/29/07 02:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought an '06 GT and it ended up in the shop more than on the road. Auto trans had to be pulled at 1k miles, then the valvetrain started clattering at 2500 miles, check engine light, gas smell in car, no power, Ford dealer could not fix it and Ford corporate would not help me. Ford is not standing behind warranty. Horrible quality, will never buy Ford again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.