2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
3000 MILES / 3 NEW TOPS
By mjbeamer on 01/27/06 16:08 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My top was torn on delivery; it is having its 3rd new top installed (the installer messed up). Most of the miles to date are going back and forth to the dealer. The interior styling is kind of stone-age, but it looks nice from the outside. Gas mileage isn't as good as I hoped. (21-22 mpg) Suggestion: Wait for the Camaro.

Grand has a new toy
By Jeanie on 12/30/05 11:39 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Wow! I was going to get an '05 but waited and am I glad. This is the most fun I've had since I was in college. It is great to drive and gets looks from everyone, especially when they see the driver is not exactly a youngster. I love everything about this car. I have perfect strangers tell me how cool it is.

Best Mustang Ever
By rocketman on 12/25/05 05:30 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very fast for a V6, feels very safe to drive. I was skeptical about purchasing a Ford but this car is a definite exception.

Incredible Triple Black GT!
By John Catalanotto on 12/03/05 20:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered my triple black GT back on June 15th and picked it up today, December 3rd. I have to tell you it was worth the wait, I can not believe that money for money there is a better car available today. The purr of the engine, 18” bullets, leather interior, 500 watt 6 disc stereo, My Color dash and more. If you are thinking about one, stop thinking and go get it. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

I think I'm in LOVE
By Cat on 11/30/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been in love with the Mustang since I was 16 (and learned that you can't insure a 16 year old on a Mustang with my parents' income). Twenty years later, and I finally got my dream car. Redfire metallic, pony package, V6 because I still can't afford insurance on a GT. Since most of my cars have been 4 cylinders, I'm not missing any power. The price was surprisingly low. The car is kind of huge considering it's a SPORTS car, but I love it. It's heavy and has an excellent safety rating. It turns corners like it's on rails. It gets up to the speed limit way before any other car I've ever owned.

2006 MUSTANG EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS
By RAM on 11/22/05 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding performance/style. Best value if into fast/good looking cars. Pros: Style, power, sound (engine and stereo), and cost. Cons: Five speed manual shifts smoothly, but has a harmonic rattle near the shifter. Maybe just a loose bolt. One minor rattle near driver's mirror area. Owned car 2 months/4200 miles. Stats: -MPG:22-23@65++ mph, 90% highway. City; maybe 19-20. -all available options included (except 1K speaker system). 500 watts more than enough. -All options work, no issues. -No mechanical/electrical problems at all. Summary: I flew Navy jets off carriers for years. I wanted something hot, fast, powerful and reliable. I chose very well. Happy with 23mpg. Recommendation: Buy one/have fun.

Hottest thing on the road.
By Themistocles67 on 11/16/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 just over a month ago and it is the most wonderful driving experience I have ever had. I originally ordered an '05, but had to wait for the '06 instead and I'm glad I did. The added standard features and the improved shade of the dark blue paint job are a big bonus. I also love how much of an eye catcher it is. I've gotten more compliments about it than any other car I've owned. It also handles like a dream and can flat out get it on the freeway.

Mid Life Crisis?
By Michael McDonnell on 11/05/05 07:20 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I decided to buy my first convertible at the age if 46 and was aiming for the new Solstice. But due to non-availability and threat of paying $5-$10K over MSRP, I opted for the Mustang and went all out. First benefits were the lower cost and the ability to put my sons in the back seat for family drives in the rolling hills of Virginia. I picked up the car and was home before my family. When they arrived they could not believe I bought the car. We all jumped in for a quick trip with the top down. As we sped down the road I looked in the rearview mirror and all I could see were gigantic grins. My first car was a 67 Mustang and here I am again with a similar looking edition. Its great!

Meet Isabella
By Katie on 10/19/05 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car at first sight. I had been casually looking for a convertible for about 3 years. When I first saw it on TV in January 2005, it stopped me dead in my tracks. I have always had a sweet spot for the old Mustang GT's, but knew it still had some bugs. What turned my head was the retro body style. What hooked me was how the car performed. After my first test drive I was blown away. The car felt very stable on the road and around sharp corners (really fun actually!) If you were to consider getting the Mustang GT the one thing I would absolutely insist on would be traction control. The GT still has a light rear-end (much better than 2004), traction control is a must!

2006 GT Convertible
By lisa on 10/18/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 2005 coupe and had to get a convertible to up the fun factor even more. Black on Black got every thing but 18" wheels hope to move to 20" soon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.