2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
2006 GT Convertable
By Mark J on 04/03/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We purchased this car one year old, and it has been fantastic in reliability and retro style. Love the convertable roof, stereo is very good (shaker 500), and the car drives extremely well. We traded a very unreliable and quirky Mazda rx8 for this car, and every time I turn the key the Mustang jumps to life and is eager to run. The car handles very well considering its size and gives the driver a confident feel of the road, always in control. A 1500 mile trip to the coast turned in 26 mpg which is great considering the HP/Size (way better than the RX8 too). In town average is around 18 mpg.

What a beautiful car
By Scott Purvis on 04/03/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2006 Mustang GT. This is an amazing vehicle. Mine came with an after market intake and Ford racing exhaust. These two mods make a huge difference to the performance. I would highly recomend them. I can say I get looks from everyone when I drive by. The fuel milege is pretty good for a V8 with 300HP. The Shaker 500 stereo is very good for being stock. The only thing that I would like to see is a more race inspired bucket seat in the front. Other than that wouldn't change a thing.

#1 Car to drive
By Matty Mustang on 02/19/08 19:21 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I loved my 2003 Mustang GT deluxe coupe, but all it took was a short test drive for me to trade it in for a 2006 GT premium coupe (both manual transmissions). The increase in horsepower and safety was what truely convinced me. I mostly do in town driving and average about 20 mpg, but I took two trips both over 1200 miles where I averaged 26 mpg. I had to have the stereo replaced about 4 months after I got it, but since then I have had no problems. I have a friend who owns a V6 and he didn't think that there was much difference between his and mine until he took it for a quick spin in the parking lot, now he is thinking of trading his in.

GT
By SV6Mustang on 02/18/08 20:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this GT. This is my first GT convertible. I wasn't looking for this style mustang when I firsted started but this car caught my eye and I couldn't past it up. Def. won't stay shock for long. I def. have one of the fastest cars in the town. Not to make cars will smoke this car. Definitely worth all the money I paid for it.

Best Mustang
By cobra rick on 11/17/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I own two 2006 GTs, this coupe and a premium cont. She drives ,the convert has only 6k miles ,they are both great cars and were fine stock ,I own my own mustang shop and modify the cars all of the time ,neither one of our cars is stock ,they are the best all around Mustangs ever built ,we have had no problems ,the shaker 500 is great ,and the back seat isn’t that bad once you get in ,best bang for the buck out there. I have owned around ten Mustangs, including a task built 428 car the aftermarket is huge for this car, Ford did right by getting the aftermarket involved from the start

Buy It--New or Used (2005 or after)
By gtstangconv on 11/04/07 20:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2006 GT Conv with 13000 miles. I've had it two days and already love it. My other vehicle is a Mazda CX-9 (for the family). This one is fun for me and I can still haul the family for fun trips. With the GT (V8), I'm surprised that I'm averaging 20-23 mpg--not bad considering the 300 horses and irresitible urge to nail it and nail it and well you get the point. Buy this vehicle. If $ are tight, I recommend an 06 or 07--great bargains out there. I personally chose a used GT instead of a new V6. I would have considered a used 05, but I never get a car its first year in production--no idea if there's any real basis in that- -just my personal hangup.

Best Mustang Ever!
By heather26 on 10/25/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Mustang, but never thought I'd actually get one. I researched all the Japanese cars that got good fuel economy, but I could not get the Mustang out of my mind. Even though it doesn't get the MPGs I was looking for, it was totally worth it. And I don't know how happy my parents are having a 17 year old drive a fast sports car, they agree it is a great car. Every time I get in the car I have a huge smile on my face.

DONT BUY A MUSTANG!
By stnghot on 10/18/07 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I made the mistake of buying one of these 2006 lemons. It is sitting in the shop w 46000 miles on it..the bill? $3000. Entire rear diff has to be replaced including the axles are shot. Theres a service bulletin so get yours checked! Ford offered to pay 750..I drive it like a baby and a rear diff should not go out that early. Research and you will find Im not the only one. Im not fixing this lemon. Its going to its grave and Im buying a foreign car. Called Ford..they said thanks for calling...they dont stand behind their cars so why would I put myself in one? Perfect personalized plate would be FORDLMN if I was gonna keep it. Save yourself the hassle and heartache....dont buy one.

Why did I wait so long to buy?
By GTConvOwner on 10/10/07 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After searching all the competitors out there, including the German and Japanse cars, how could anyone not consider a Mustang? I bought a GT convertible. Wow, for the money this car has no peer. Right out of the box the power and handling of this car are fantastic. To think I can get add-on accessories to boost this performance to even higher levels without breaking the bank is even better. Top down driving is fun. Your passengers in the back may ask you to roll up the windows on the freeway, but in the front seats the wind is manageable. The family loves the car and want to take it everywhere. Four seats. Great stereo with excellent bass response. Very comfortable seats (I'm over 6') too.

My first Stang
By chemrxn on 09/15/07 01:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

By far my favorite car I've owned. Was wary about Ford but not anymore, has been very reliable. No rattles, no broken pieces. Car accelerates and handles well. Acceleration and cruising at high speeds definitely are strongest points. Love the exterior and interior styling. I get lots of compliments. Older style Mustang drivers strike up conversations. Little kids come up to me. College dudes and teens in small Japanese sporty cars often want to race. Trunk space sufficent. Compared 350z and rx-8 when looking. 350z was not dailly commute friendly, RX-8 too small. nothing compares with the brawn and muscle of a mustang right now. Only negative is handling in rain and snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.