Used 2006 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My Dream Car
By Jen

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All my life I wanted a Mustang, and I'm glad I waited till now to buy it. The mix of the old body style, in and out sold me on this model. Handles like a sports car should, road hugging smooth that pulls threw any curve. Power is more than enough, there may be faster, but I don't see people breaking their necks to look at the grandma styled competitors. Going top down is an experience everyone should have. From 6 to 6o year olds, I've had them all point and compliments abound.

Favorite Features

Love my Shaker sound system, and red leather upgrade polishes the true look of an American born muscle car.

Suggested Improvements

Would have loved more horsepower, but it's not like you can actually use it.

Stang tastic
By Bob

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

On a warm summer day, top down, music blasting, yet you can still hear the rumble of the V-8 engine. When you put your foot into the throttle it jumps like a thoroughbred race horse. There's nothing like cruising with the top down.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, plan and simple. It's the return of a true muscle car.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything I would change.

Can't touch it for the money
By Macdadtexas

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

For what is really an inexpensive car, I have had more fun driving daily than any other vehicle I have ever owned. The level of performance that is available right off the showroom floor for $30k cannot even be contemplated by any other car. Throw in the fact that Ford understands and embraces the aftermarket phenomenon for Mustangs, and that the car is built for add-ons, and it can be a fun hobby. Spend an extra $10k in upgrades and you have a car that challenges Porches, and blows away Corvettes. Great job on this one Ford, now work on the rest of your line.

Favorite Features

Engine, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Available climate control.

awesome
By Cindy

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a retro style Mustang and now that I've got it, I couldn't be happier. Excellent handling and enough power in the V6 that you don't need to drop the extra for the V8. Seat belts are tight, but that adds to the sports car/power feel. I have people stop me almost every day to compliment my car. Wouldn't have gotten it without the Pony package. Just adds exactly what is needed to make this one incredible machine!

Favorite Features

Shaker 500 stereo with speed volume. With the top down, you don't lose your stereo's performance.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release inside the car, not just on the keychain. Rain pouring in from the weather stripping is common to all convertibles, just wish they could come up with a fix for that!

Best bang for the buck!
By Thomas

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the most exciting fun vehicle I have ever owned. It turns heads with its styling and not only performs well off the line and accelerating at higher speeds as well as taking off ramps, but also with the fantastic sound system!

Favorite Features

The high end acceleration and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Make side mirrors collapsible!