2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Not Your Father's Mustang!
By Stan The Man on 04/17/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

While vacationing in South Beach (Miami), my wife and I rented a convertible. We liked it so much we decided to buy one. But let me tell you this Mustang GT is no ordinary convertible! This car is much faster and handles better that advertised. The interior in our opinion isn't too shabby either! We really like the retro styling. It is quite similar to the Mustangs of the 60's and 70's. That is where the similarities end. The ride is unbelievable for a car this price. The interior is so quiet for a convertible And we haven't been able to detect any cowl shake. With the tires provided (Pirelli Zero Neros) you have to go out of your way to make this thing slide even a little. A very nice car!

Fun to drive
By paul on 04/05/06 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Sept. of 05 and have only put 700 miles on it, but what fun miles they've been! Best bang for the buck by far. Handling, acceleration, braking and that infectious eye appeal are just some of the highs you'll have while driving this all American beauty.

Love the Car
By Ken on 04/05/06 12:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We haven't had the car long, but it looks great and runs like the stallion that it is. The interior is much quieter than I expected based on reviews (unless you are in the throttle). I am fitting two kids in the back seat ... tight fit but they love cruising with the top down.

Overall performance of this car.
By ZamAir on 03/29/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased my new 06 convertible Mustang. All black! This car is amazing. Drives like sports car and the same time feels like you are driving an old Cadillac. I was considering getting the V6, but after driving the V8 with manual transmission, I was convinced that the V8 was my answer for my new toy! (hands down). If you're thinking about getting this car as an extra car for fun driving then I would recommend the manual V8. If you enjoy music and have an extra few dollars then get the Shaker1000.

Larry's Fourth Mustang
By Larry on 03/28/06 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Sounds great for a six cylinder. Great pick-up/power for a six cylinder - plenty of power. Not too pricey for a sporty car like this - reasonably priced. Good buy for the money. Shaker 500 sound system sounds great. Gas mileage - about 20 mpg around town - is satisfactory. I've had Camaros, Trans-Ams, a Corvette, and Mustangs, and this is my favorite so far.

Awesome Ride!
By JH on 03/22/06 10:50 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Always wanted a Mustang convertible! I have a Shelby Mustang so performance & fun is important. The price & insurance was surprisingly low. I lost my company car due to cost containment and never shed a tear with this as my personal replacement for transportation to and from work.

Car is really fast
By circpro on 03/05/06 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I test drove many other sport convertibles, but liked the ride of the Mustang best. I would have picked the Honda 2000, but it is so tiny, you better be 135 lbs and 5'5". The Nissan 350Z was nice, but you feel every bump in the road. This car is great except the quality of the interior for the price. I had an F150 Lariat, and the interior quality was far better equal price. The leather seats are very nice, but at 5'10" I find my knee resting against the center console. The stereo is outstanding for a factory unit, but I could tell no difference in the quality between the Shaker 500 and the 1000 even though the 1000 comes with a sub in the trunk.

A Great Investment!
By RickinPA on 03/01/06 21:36 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2006 Mustang V6 for a full month now, and all I can say is WOW! I was surprised at how "throaty" the engine is when revved. Not quite the sound of a V8 but impressive for a V6. Pick-up is very "spirited", a word that I've seen used in a few magazine reviews to describe the Mustang and I must agree. This was a great buy, I'm very happy with my Pony!

First Convertible
By Ron Bushaw on 02/28/06 19:32 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It is everything the reviews that I read said.

Local Boy Makes Good
By BigBeau on 01/29/06 10:38 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Took delivery in early January and due to the seasonal weather conditions had to wait 3 weeks to drop the top. I have had limited opportunity to really go through this vehicle but, as is, it runs like a scalded pup. The suspension and handling exceed expectations. All of the amenities that came with this car are substantial. As the aftermarket for the Mustang is so vast, I'm looking forward to shopping for any "personal touch" items that I might add to this light blue pony. At age 55, the only thing I might consider right away would be installing a defibrillator -- oh yeah, it's that much fun to drive. Tops down, everybody!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.