Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Built my Mustang for my 17 year old girl
By Mike Viafora

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very safe car for teen because it has side air bags ABS and it is almost impossible to roll over. Ordered a loaded V6 with the pony package which makes it handle like a GT with less power to get in trouble with. Did not order chrome all over dash. It puts out glare in sunny areas. No My color display.

Brakes and handling Stereo is as good as custom installed ones.

None.

2006 Mustang with Pony Pack
By Al

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

From the living room came a call from Heather, my 16 year-old daughter, "Dad, mom needs you in the driveway!” Being a dad I thought something was wrong with Kerri Ann, my 21 year-old, whom my wife said she was at the mall with. Kerri rounds the corner driving my wife's 2003 PT Cruiser. Now confused, I asked, "Where in the world is your mom?" Then the sound...the low murmur of a V6 engine with a beautifully tuned exhaust caught. Then, from around the corner, I caught the sparkle of Vista Blue paint on the unmistakable nose of a Mustang, with the 1967 GTA inspired grillwork. It was my wife behind the wheel of a new 2006 Mustang with Pony Package! Red bow and all. Life is Good!

I love driving this car. Well behaved on the highway as well as back-roads. Outside-All Mustang! Inside, the retro look is great. The 4.0L V6 has enough power to let you know you’re in a Mustang. THE PONY PACKAGE is a must! Takes the V6 to another level. I get a consistent 21-22 mpg. A Great value!

Standard interior - things are a little on the plastic toyish side. Add the Interior Upgrade Package. I am 5’7” and my wife is 5’ so we can move the front seats up enough to actually fit adults in the back. Good luck to anyone taller! Not much interior storage, just one big box in the console.

Best Car Ever Owned
By Patricia Johnston

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned a lot of cars in 53 years of marriage. Our first was a 1947 Ford. We decided to get a "fun car" as we had not bought a car since 1990. We went to buy a Ford truck and ended up with a 2006 Mustang Pony, Premium package, black. This is the best ever. The ride is extremely quiet, no outside road noise. You can turn the radio way up and stand outside the car and you can't hear anything. It's well made, love the traction on turning and it's just a beautiful automobile. We love this car!

The gorgeous chrome dash and leather interior. Love the way it "takes off" and can get around slow traffic easily.

Can't think of any at this date.

Reminds me of my '68
By jetmyke

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was time for my wife to get a new car. She selected the V6 Mustang. It has been a good choice! We were looking at the GT, but it only gets about 17 mpg around town (real world, I work with someone who has one) and the insurance was a bit high. Our Mustang is getting 21 mpg around town, which isn't too bad for a car this size. We have the pony package, so this car has TCS, anti-lock brakes, 17" wheels and GT suspension. Well worth the money. On the open road it rides quite well and has plenty of passing power. I plan on putting a cold air induction system and a Banks free flow exhaust on the car, should bump the HP up to 245. That will be plenty of juice!

Exterior styling, always turns heads when it goes by. Throw back interior is great and the V6 has a nice throaty sound. Fit and finish are quite good. The Shaker audio system is one of the best factory systems I have ever owned.

Electric passenger seat controls. Integrated compass and temperature read outs would be nice additions to the central message system. Kind of picky I know, but not much to complain about with this car!

Holds up in accident...
By She holds up well...

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I put about ten thousands miles on my Mustang so far and I cant stop. I love the feel of driving this hot car. I was hit on the freeway in LA...the other cars were totaled and I drove away. I was so grateful that I had a tough built Mustang. It really holds up. And always take your Mustang to the Ford dealer for body repairs. I had to learn the hard way.

Badge, wing spoiler, stereo, power, sound of the car, all the looks I get.

Upgrade the interior materials, put the ignition somewhere else, more electronic gadgets, more decals and body options.