2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Dream car
By jim on 09/01/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted a lime 68 as a kid but never could afford one. Now I am 50 and Ford not only brought back the color, but they made it look like what I wanted. I had been looking for a 68 or 69 in that color, which is impossible to find so I saw this 06 on the internet at my local dealer. One test drive made me realize that I didnt want an old one anymore. I got the looks coupled with power handling and a quality in the build that the 68 and 69 were lacking. So far I can't say enough good things about the car and hope to get a grabber orange to add to the 89 convertible, 98 coupe and 06 GT that I have now.

Great car, and holds up well
By Brandon - STANG281 on 08/16/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned it for about 2 1/2 years now, I have about 45,000 miles on it. This was my first car, first manual. The clutch has been slipping for the past 10,000 miles or so (but held up well in my opinion). The handle/knob broke off of the driver seat release to lift it forward in order to get to the back seat. The rear differential has the TSB whining noise during low speed turns. And I also had a problem a few times with the TSB of water leaking into the passenger floorboard and causing some electrical problems. Overall, it's held up very well considering the abuse it's received. The seats are uncomfortable on a 2 1/2+ hour drive. The gas mileage is bearable, and not bad for the performance

Love It
By Biscuit on 08/05/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 9th Mustang. All 5.0's. My buddies giggled when I showed up with mine. That was until I took them for a ride. Now four of them own a V6. Two more are in the market for one. I installed the dual exhaust, cold air intake, and a reprogrammer. This pony bucks now! It also rides like a dream. The fuel mileage is great on the highway, not so much in town. But that's my fault. Definitely get the 5 speed.

My first white pony!
By Matt T. on 07/15/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car, hands down. We did have to have some repairs done within the first 10,000 miles such as the shifter, fuel pump, etc. The gas tank on occasion will not accept a full tank of gas? This happened to my buddy also and he had his fuel tank replaced, sounded like a design error.

Best bang for your buck!
By Alan on 07/14/08 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third Mustang, my last being an '88 GT convertible that I also bought new. What a difference 18 years can make! This car is faster, smoother, quieter (yes, I know a convertible is noisier, I'm comparing to friends' '88 GT hatchback), quicker around the corners, stops better, sounds better and gets better gas mileage to boot. What's not to love? This car was love at first sight. I sold two cars to swing the downpayment and special ordered the car with all the toys - 18" wheels, and a 1000 watt 6 disc with subwoofers in the trunk. I'm a stick shift guy and this car has a wonderfully smooth transmission that shifts much better than my '88 GT. I commute 55 mi./day and get 22mpg

Love our Mustang
By ida on 07/11/08 01:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We were going to wait till next year to buy a car but when we saw the Mustang we were sold. Everything on it we really like. There is so much room for my husband who is 6'3". Owned a smaller vehicle but was always cramped. Would recommend it to anyone. Brought back old memories of the Ford Mustang. Going to put it in a show on July 19.

A Great Pony
By Snotrocket on 06/19/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine new in July of 06. v6 Legend Lime w/pony package. I went with the V6 due to price and insurance cost. After adding a S&B CAI, Predator tune, and GT muffler, I bumped up the hp to that of a small block v8, about 240hp. A 4:10 is going in shortly to makeup for the automatic. The v6 is a great platform to start off on if your on a tight budget. Responds well to S/C's which take the v6 to the 310hp range. I don't have that many miles on the car, but I haven't had any issues with it. I still get many compliments from people when I am out and about. I have no regrets with this car. It's a blast.

Good car
By good car on 06/12/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Loved the car. I'm 6,5" 260 bodybuider frame and never felt crowded, lots of legroom. Usually got around 22 mpg per fiilup. No problems. Just got the fever for the new Jeep unlimited Sahara 4dr, but will probably regret the trade

Nice Pony
By david on 06/11/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Options on our car include the Pony package, leather seats and upgraded stereo. Having owned a '65 Mustang Fastback for many years I really wasn't expecting to be impressed by the new Mustangs. Boy was I wrong. With each session behind the wheel of the new Pony, the poor handling, braking and lack of air conditioning of my classic Pony becomes even more evident. The new Pony really is more fun to drive. Even though I bought the car for my daughter, I do get to drive it when it needs gas. Which isn't that often since the peppy V6 gets 18-20mpg in town & 26-30 mpg on the road. So many styling cues taken from the early Mustangs I feel right at home in this car.

Mustang Sally
By arblanken on 06/11/08 06:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It look me years and years to get my Mustang. Wanted a '66 because of the body style but had to wait for the restore until "my body style" was available. Love the car, the gas mileage is ok with the tough gas prices lately, but love the car!