Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 312 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

First Ford
By spike

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased for the most part with my 06 Mustang GT. I think the retro styling of the car is great. It's like driving a 60s Mustang only better. The steering response is great and it corners like a dream. I am 6'2 and have never had a car that felt this comfortable. The Shaker 500 sounds awesome. I have had aftermarket setups that didn't sound as good. I only have a couple complaints. The rubber strips used to seal the inside of the windows scratch the hell out of my window tint when running them up and down. There is a rattling noise under hard acceleration that almost sounds like detonation; but I am running 92 octane fuel and have ruled that out. Very impressed

Love the styling of the car inside and out. The Shaker sound is awesome. The availability of aftermarket parts is almost unlimited.

Other than the previously listed issues; I could only ask for the bigger engine used in the Shelby GT 500. I doubt the cost of that engine is all that much different than the 4.6 to produce. But then what would they put in the Shelby?

2006 gt premium
By mike bohle

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought new, my red dream stang has performed, well, overall. Interior, passenger side vent rattles, interior tail light housing held in place by flimsy, plastic screw assemblies. Closing the trunk causes the rear lights to blink. On positive side, average over 20.5 miles per gallon, everywhere!. Car used mainly to go to gym and back and to the beach on weekends. Runs fast, but interior is noisy. Hope Ford adds interior insulation package to 2010

throaty exhaust,body style(head turner

upgrade interior sound deadening more lateral seat support headliner door handle assists delete back seat-make the stang a 2 seater

My show car
By Cricket

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love "Mr. Steed". He is a "Bickford Built" one-off commemorative of a 1960 GT350 with $10,000 in upgrades. I have entered him in 6 Mustang Club of America National shows and he has won first place every time.

Style, style and more style. Rugged American muscle car good looks and growl (full dual exhaust with Flowmasters). Love that rear-wheel drive.

Less vinyl and more leather in the interior - looks snazzy but I am worried how it will wear over time. Also have had trouble with the AC as has been mentioned by other Stangers.

What a car
By carlisleandy

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of the nicest and fun cars I have owned, and I have had plenty of sports cars. I get alot of compliments, and the sound and power is unbelievable. This car is pretty comfortable on long trips, part of the reason is for the redesigned seats compaired to the '01 mustang GT I owned.

Style, performance, sound, and comfort for a sports car

Headrest are angled to far forward.Some hesitation with auto transmission.

Like this car a lot
By pappydave

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I currently have 31,000 miles on this car and it has never been back to the dealer. I have been doing oil changes and routine maintenance. The only complaint I have is the Road noise seems a little loud to me. I get 25 MPG driving to work - mixed city/rural, and got 28 on a long trip on the freeway.

This is my favorite bodystyle since 1970.

A little more sound insulation.