Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My show car
By Cricket

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love "Mr. Steed". He is a "Bickford Built" one-off commemorative of a 1960 GT350 with $10,000 in upgrades. I have entered him in 6 Mustang Club of America National shows and he has won first place every time.

Style, style and more style. Rugged American muscle car good looks and growl (full dual exhaust with Flowmasters). Love that rear-wheel drive.

Less vinyl and more leather in the interior - looks snazzy but I am worried how it will wear over time. Also have had trouble with the AC as has been mentioned by other Stangers.

What a car
By carlisleandy

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of the nicest and fun cars I have owned, and I have had plenty of sports cars. I get alot of compliments, and the sound and power is unbelievable. This car is pretty comfortable on long trips, part of the reason is for the redesigned seats compaired to the '01 mustang GT I owned.

Style, performance, sound, and comfort for a sports car

Headrest are angled to far forward.Some hesitation with auto transmission.

Like this car a lot
By pappydave

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I currently have 31,000 miles on this car and it has never been back to the dealer. I have been doing oil changes and routine maintenance. The only complaint I have is the Road noise seems a little loud to me. I get 25 MPG driving to work - mixed city/rural, and got 28 on a long trip on the freeway.

This is my favorite bodystyle since 1970.

A little more sound insulation.

Quality's not there
By Mr boil

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. That's why it pains me to have to report this car's been in the shop almost a dozen times. It was in for the rear clutch pack TSB 4 times! The Shaker system ate several CD's. It rattles. It's hard to fuel at times. The A/C barely cools the interior. I've had 10 year old Honda's that didn't exhibit 1/10th the problems this car's had. This is the last Ford this former employee will ever buy. What a shame.

Sounds great. Goes fast. Looks cool.

One word: quality. Build some into it.

I got one of those lemons
By Dave S

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car to be an occasional driver - I have only put 13,000 miles on it in 3 years. Here is a list of things replaced on warranty and mileage when replaced: Differential - 500 miles Radiator fan - 1800 miles Door jamb switch - 1900 miles A/C compressor - 2900 miles Fuel pump - 6100 miles A/C high pressure switch - 7800 miles Alternator - 9200 miles A/C line - 10400 miles A/C recharged - 12700 miles The warranty has just expired and guess what? A/C not working again. For some unknown reason this vehicle does not want to have working A/C. Very frustrating. After my experience with this car I understand why the big 3 are in financial dire straits. Very shoddy workmanship IMO.

Shaker stereo, styling. Really a fun car to drive when it runs.

What can I say? Perhaps a total rehab of quality control?