2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: 50th Birthday present

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

50th Birthday present
By Mike Spence on

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have my 1st car, a '68 Mercury Cougar XR-7 GT that I have owned for over 30 years, Black, dual quads, Cragars, Goodrich TA's, all the usual suspects. It turns heads every where I go but, as for driveability it gets a D-. The only thing keeping from getting an F is it does go straight really well. Now I have my Mustang GT (also black) and it turns heads equal to the Cougar but now I can actually take a corner at speed without fear of sliding into the road shoulder, Oh, it also goes straight really well! You can imagine my dilemma when the sun does make its rare appearances (I live in Oregon) on which car to drive. People tell me all the time "Saw you in your car today and you're still smiling."

The styling! It's black, love the Bullitt style wheels, I blacked mine out to more resemble the old school torque thrusts of the 60's. Tremec 5 speed is so smooth shifting and with the power the V8 provides I have to fight off the urge to light up the Pirelli's at every stop sign.

I actually can't think of anything, but I have only had my Mustang GT a couple of months and my previous daily driver was a Taurus wagon or the wife's Windstar.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review