2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Love my 2006 Silver Stang
By HerbStang on 10/10/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This V6 is surprisingly fast. I am sorry it's not the GT but price was prohibitive. Mainly use this on weekends when top down driving is the most fun. I like the fact that the V6 exhaust has a pleasant sound although I'm told switching to the right side GT muffler will improve the sound. Won't sound like a V8 but a more throaty sound none the less. I'm considering it but my selling dealer says a different muffler could void the engine warranty. I don't buy that but I'm afraid to take the chance. Maybe after the warranty expires.

Owner
By Lynne on 10/01/06 19:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I first test drove this car I was truly amazed at the way it performed. I had been driving SUVs for many years and the thought of a rear-wheel drive car was unrealistic. It handles extremely well, it's sharp looking (I'm always getting compliments on it) and it truly is fun to drive. I am completely sold!

2006 mustang fun
By bob drury on 09/28/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

while i do not drive my mustang far, when i do dirve it, it gets stares and it is exciting to get on the gas.

A Modern Classic
By JHawk on 09/22/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I used to own a classic Mustang convertible. This car is just like it except: this car has better steering (no dead spot in the steering), doesn't shake going over bumps, has a great radio, top doesn't leak, cowl doesn't leak (no more wet carpet), windows don't rattle, and yes, the gauges all work. All in all, this car has all the great styling I remember with none of the bad things I had tried to forget!

funnnnn
By Gabrielle on 09/15/06 15:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car drives like a big heavy American car. Nostalgia like a Mom's car but is hot and sharp at the same time. It feels very safe and is exciting the way it holds the road and has pick up like most V8s. The dash could be a little more Mercedes-ish but I like the chrome and design. Great speakers and upgraded music system. Pretty bad on fuel economy.

new mustang 2006
By Rich Romberger on 09/06/06 11:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned many Mustangs from a 66GT, 85GT, 93LX, 99GT and a 91 GT that I traded on this car. This is far and away a better designed and assembled car. The automatic transmission in this car is the best shifting overdrive Ford transmission yet. It accelerates and shifts very fast for a stock car yet is smooth when driving normally. The power top is quiet and goes up and down quickly. The controls are laid out well and everything is within the drivers reach. The stereo is the Shaker and sounds okay (speaker placement is difficult in a convertible) but could be improved with the upgrade to the 1000. The fit and finish is the best I've seen from Ford. No matter where you go people stare.

Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Convertible
By Tom on 09/05/06 20:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car to cruise in, to commute in, and to have fun being "bad" in. The power and the sound of the throaty exhaust will always put a smile on your face. Therapists should have very little business from owners of this vehicle. It looks great, handles surprisingly well, and has power to spare. My only regret is that I did not buy this car a year ago!

2006 Mustang GT
By MIKE D on 07/23/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Big bang for the buck. Roomy enough for two and space for luggage. Great styling inside and out. Constantly get positive comments on redfire color and 20" wheels and tires. Great handling and breaking. Acceleration is great and lays rubber on command. Great rumble from dual exhausts--may upgrade to Ford racing exhaust. Worth every penny of $31,000 price tag!

Amazing Car - Too much fun
By Darrell on 07/12/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive and very comfortable during distance driving. I've owned it 2 months and still can't get the smile off my face. The only negative is the interior. The plastic is cheap but the overall car makes up for it. The car is a head-turner.

Built on the cheap
By Rudy Smutts on 07/05/06 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The 2006 Mustang must have been built with cost the most important item. It has no under hood light, foot well lights or daytime running lamps. Small items to be sure but should not add to the total cost. The five speed transmission does not shift smoothly. Was told by the dealership that nothing could be done.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.