2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Giddy up horsey!
By Tess on 04/07/06 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We never thought we'd love a car the way we do! Our 2006 is a dream to drive. The V6 is more than enough horsepower under the hood. She zips around just fine and hugs a corner like like a cozy cup hugs a beer! DAILY we get compliments on her. I wish we had a quarter for every one we've received. The only negative is the gas mileage. However, we believe it might have a lot to do with the WAY we drive it too. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Mustang 2006
By Shark attack on 03/15/06 01:38 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the hottest car I have ever owned. It may not be as practical as a Honda Civic, but it makes up for it when you're out and about. It's a head turning gorgeous machine.

'06 SCS V6 Mustang
By glewis29 on 02/27/06 09:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a new Southern California Special (V6, Pony Package, Interior Upgrade, LeMans stripping, Chrome Exhaust tip & side tape delete). The exterior design is what I fell in love with and the Pony Package and LeMans stripping finish it off perfectly. I drove both a V6 & V8 automatic ... the V8 was absolutely fabulous, but I just couldn't justify the $4k extra. The V6 is completely satisfying. So far the interior is growing on me. I'm very happy I got the charcoal interior and leather seats; it greatly increases the 'class' of the vehicle. The build quality is overall pretty good, I'm happily surprised. Reliability will have to wait.

Black Beauty
By Mustang Rider on 02/18/06 21:58 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2006 Mustang on 2/4/06. I have been sitting in it since then! The car is a joy to drive. Ford did an incredible job with the engine. With a total of 210 horsepower, this baby can move. One of my favorite parts about this car is the sound of the engine; Ford gave it a very "Sporty" sound! The exterior is just as sexy as the Mustangs from the 60's. However once you get inside this baby, you will be amazed at what you get for the money. The gauges have the ability to change to up to 125 different color combinations and has a very "Retro" look. Best of luck on your next car! I hope you pick my new favorite ... the legend...the 2006 Mustang.

Probably the best Mustang ever built.
By Ima Happy Boy on 01/31/06 22:56 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not everyone remembers the early Mustangs, but I do. Although they were a groundbreaking design, automotive technology has progressed to a point unimaginable in 1967. This Mustang takes advantage of everything known about how to build a great car and puts it all together in a retro package that is a work of styling art. The designers took the best styling cues from the 1960's models and added a touch of modern style to make a beautiful machine that performs better than the originals ever could. Even the gas sipping V6 models outperform the 289 V8 models of the 1960's, especially in regards to handling and braking.

love my pony
By rick on 01/05/06 23:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

So far the experience has been great. I love my '06 pony. Mine is vista blue, charcoal black interior with a 5 speed. And the dash lights, wow.

V6 is fast enough
By lmmmmm on 01/03/06 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went with the V6 instead of the V8. Glad I did. It's plenty zippy, I'm at 40mph before I know it. After 3 days everything feels solid and no rattles or squeaks. Definitely get the Pony Package. Drives very well. I test drove both the manual and automatic. I went with auto only because I'm tired of shifting in traffic everyday. But manual definitely more fun and in my opinion the exhaust sounds more throaty. Maybe because you can really wind the gears more than the automatic.

We love our Mustang
By ED WAGENER on 01/02/06 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the most fun car we have had in years; it is also the only car we have had that we get compliments on from strangers and waves from other Mustang owners. We also drive a newer Cadillac, but when it comes to fun the Mustang is tops. Ours has the pony package with the 17 inch wheels and fog light in the grill, quite a looker in vista blue with parchment leather. The finish on the car is much improved over the other cars we have had. Also the seats with the support for the back is great (once you get it adjusted to your liking). As far as the fuel mileage is concerned I was impressed with the mileage. So far as I have less than 1000 miles on it, this car makes me smile .

Back in a Mustang
By Jeff H. on 12/24/05 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up a 2006 Mustang for my wife as a surprise Xmas gift! We both absolutely love the retro styling and redfire color. The Pony Package is a real bargain with the ABS brakes and traction control included not to mention the retro grill and fog lights. The redfire color combined with the optional (color matched) Rousch side window louver covers, pony cladding, and optional pony wheel spinners make this a real head turner. It drives great! We have owned a 65, 66, and a 67 Fastback and this 2006 reminds me so much of all those years combined. I've been waiting for Ford to get it right and return the Mustang to its glory. They finally did it! Good looks, great performance, and competitive cost.

The best one I've driven!
By Dexter Brown on 12/11/05 11:43 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before I bought my '06 Mustang I was considering the '06 Chevy Cobalt SS, '06 Acura RSX, and the '06 Mazda RX-8 but I fell in love with the Mustang. The 210 hp v6 engine and the exhaust was the first thing I fell in love with. When I drive it I feel as if I'm Batman in the Batmobile.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.