2006 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Not Your Father's Mustang!
By Stan The Man on 04/17/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

While vacationing in South Beach (Miami), my wife and I rented a convertible. We liked it so much we decided to buy one. But let me tell you this Mustang GT is no ordinary convertible! This car is much faster and handles better that advertised. The interior in our opinion isn't too shabby either! We really like the retro styling. It is quite similar to the Mustangs of the 60's and 70's. That is where the similarities end. The ride is unbelievable for a car this price. The interior is so quiet for a convertible And we haven't been able to detect any cowl shake. With the tires provided (Pirelli Zero Neros) you have to go out of your way to make this thing slide even a little. A very nice car!

Love the Car
By Ken on 04/05/06 12:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We haven't had the car long, but it looks great and runs like the stallion that it is. The interior is much quieter than I expected based on reviews (unless you are in the throttle). I am fitting two kids in the back seat ... tight fit but they love cruising with the top down.

Overall performance of this car.
By ZamAir on 03/29/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased my new 06 convertible Mustang. All black! This car is amazing. Drives like sports car and the same time feels like you are driving an old Cadillac. I was considering getting the V6, but after driving the V8 with manual transmission, I was convinced that the V8 was my answer for my new toy! (hands down). If you're thinking about getting this car as an extra car for fun driving then I would recommend the manual V8. If you enjoy music and have an extra few dollars then get the Shaker1000.

Car is really fast
By circpro on 03/05/06 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I test drove many other sport convertibles, but liked the ride of the Mustang best. I would have picked the Honda 2000, but it is so tiny, you better be 135 lbs and 5'5". The Nissan 350Z was nice, but you feel every bump in the road. This car is great except the quality of the interior for the price. I had an F150 Lariat, and the interior quality was far better equal price. The leather seats are very nice, but at 5'10" I find my knee resting against the center console. The stereo is outstanding for a factory unit, but I could tell no difference in the quality between the Shaker 500 and the 1000 even though the 1000 comes with a sub in the trunk.

Local Boy Makes Good
By BigBeau on 01/29/06 10:38 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Took delivery in early January and due to the seasonal weather conditions had to wait 3 weeks to drop the top. I have had limited opportunity to really go through this vehicle but, as is, it runs like a scalded pup. The suspension and handling exceed expectations. All of the amenities that came with this car are substantial. As the aftermarket for the Mustang is so vast, I'm looking forward to shopping for any "personal touch" items that I might add to this light blue pony. At age 55, the only thing I might consider right away would be installing a defibrillator -- oh yeah, it's that much fun to drive. Tops down, everybody!

Grand has a new toy
By Jeanie on 12/30/05 11:39 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Wow! I was going to get an '05 but waited and am I glad. This is the most fun I've had since I was in college. It is great to drive and gets looks from everyone, especially when they see the driver is not exactly a youngster. I love everything about this car. I have perfect strangers tell me how cool it is.

Incredible Triple Black GT!
By John Catalanotto on 12/03/05 20:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered my triple black GT back on June 15th and picked it up today, December 3rd. I have to tell you it was worth the wait, I can not believe that money for money there is a better car available today. The purr of the engine, 18 bullets, leather interior, 500 watt 6 disc stereo, My Color dash and more. If you are thinking about one, stop thinking and go get it. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

2006 MUSTANG EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS
By RAM on 11/22/05 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding performance/style. Best value if into fast/good looking cars. Pros: Style, power, sound (engine and stereo), and cost. Cons: Five speed manual shifts smoothly, but has a harmonic rattle near the shifter. Maybe just a loose bolt. One minor rattle near driver's mirror area. Owned car 2 months/4200 miles. Stats: -MPG:22-23@65++ mph, 90% highway. City; maybe 19-20. -all available options included (except 1K speaker system). 500 watts more than enough. -All options work, no issues. -No mechanical/electrical problems at all. Summary: I flew Navy jets off carriers for years. I wanted something hot, fast, powerful and reliable. I chose very well. Happy with 23mpg. Recommendation: Buy one/have fun.

Hottest thing on the road.
By Themistocles67 on 11/16/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 just over a month ago and it is the most wonderful driving experience I have ever had. I originally ordered an '05, but had to wait for the '06 instead and I'm glad I did. The added standard features and the improved shade of the dark blue paint job are a big bonus. I also love how much of an eye catcher it is. I've gotten more compliments about it than any other car I've owned. It also handles like a dream and can flat out get it on the freeway.

Meet Isabella
By Katie on 10/19/05 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car at first sight. I had been casually looking for a convertible for about 3 years. When I first saw it on TV in January 2005, it stopped me dead in my tracks. I have always had a sweet spot for the old Mustang GT's, but knew it still had some bugs. What turned my head was the retro body style. What hooked me was how the car performed. After my first test drive I was blown away. The car felt very stable on the road and around sharp corners (really fun actually!) If you were to consider getting the Mustang GT the one thing I would absolutely insist on would be traction control. The GT still has a light rear-end (much better than 2004), traction control is a must!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.