2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Horrible quality, Ford refused to fix it
By Fordisdead on 03/23/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought a new 06 GT leftover, after only one month and 1k miles the auto transmission started leaking, took it back for repair. A month later the car starts using lots of gas, running rough, no power, gas smell in car, and check engine light comes on. Take it back, dealer says 3 spark plugs are burned up, they give it back "fixed." Leaving the dealership same problems, take it back, they "reflash" the computer, say its fixed. Leave dealer, same problem, now the valves are clattering, take it back, they say "we'll have to talk to Ford and let you know." I call Ford, they say "we'll have to talk to the dealer and let you know." The dealer then says the valve racket is "normal" as is the gas smell.

What a head turner
By Jamie R on 02/16/07 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

About once a day some stranger stops me to ask me about my Mustang. It's fun to drive, has great power. I have an automatic and it accelerates and shifts quite well. Best part of car is that you can customize it beyond belief. So far no problems other than a rattle with the covers to the child safety seat bars in rear dash which is easily fixable. Changing the oil is extremely easy compared to import cars and it only needs regular fuel. Car comes with a lot for the buck and interior is nice although it scratches easily as others have noted. I highly recommend this car to anyone in search of power, ability to upgrade to performance parts, and driving fun. Good fuel economy for the power.

Just plain fun
By perry10063904 on 12/28/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have a 06 GT Mustang, use it on weekends and it's a ball to drive. Handles well, don't really like the fly by wire throttle, it just feels slow to operate and slow to close when shifting. I had the dealership lower the car and install 18 inch cobra wheels; it made the car handled a lot better, plus gave it more the racecar look. I think Ford made a hit with the retro looks and the larger track. I'm overall very happy with it and think anyone thinking on getting a sporty new car should go test drive the Mustang. The car will sell itself.

Pony Car Returns
By Richard Starke on 12/25/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My new Mustang GT is a REAL Head Turner! I threw on Basani exhaust, (WOW) and 20 inch Zanetti wheels and tires and this car gets LOTS of compliments. It is a blast to drive, and it is a real head turner. Legend Lime Green Gold is an awesome awesome historical color. Can't buy this one from me...it is not for sale!

Powered by Ford
By chris d on 12/18/06 16:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded in my 03 GT for this one. Man let me tell you something, good call! It's black, fast, manual tranny, 18 inch rims stock. The cockpit is truly a thing of beauty. The old late 60's look is a real head turner. I get looks and comments all the time, from the young and old. This car blows my 03 GT out of the water. The power throws you back into the seat!

Get an import
By never_again on 12/14/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this brand spanking new 06' Mustang GT Premium this past March. Initially, I was impressed with the power and acceleration of the 4.6L V8; however, there was much to be desired from the transmission as shifting became tedious and clunky, with a stiff clutch, in this 5-speed manual. Shifting was anything but smooth as you had to literally force the shifter into each gear with overwhelming effort. This became a nightmare in traffic and city driving. Do yourself a favor, if you want a true quick and nimble sports car with butter-smooth shifting, get yourself an import.

THIS PONY ROCKS by Sean
By BOLD MOVES on 11/25/06 06:25 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 06' GT is Redfire/Black interior and 18" polished aluminum Bullets. This is my 5th Mustang since 1982 and by far it out performs all the others. To date, I have 8500 problem free miles on this pony. I added the Homelink rear view mirror, trunk cargo divider, window tint, nad XM radio. I consistently average 19 MPG city (without A/C) and up to 26 MPG level highway at 70 MPH. This is a "creature-comfort" Mustang...unlike the past Mustangs. The looks and questions I get in parking lots and traffic? Constant! Interesting note - night driving with fogs on attracts oncoming high beam flashers. All-in-all, if you're thinking of buying one? Do it! BOLD MOVES...YEAH!

Love My Stang
By Ernesto Cancio on 11/16/06 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best Mustang GT I ever owned; not has fast as my 1986 but it was not governed. At the age of 45 speed not that important but it looks good and feels even better.

Awesome Car
By Awesome!! by Tom on 11/13/06 14:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a head-turner, everyone comments on it. Took a friend for a ride and he said "I didn't think they made cars like this anymore, this thing is unbelievable. I had the GT-500 stripes, side window louvers, taillight bezels and special grill added to this. I am planning to add a Roush supercharger to take this to 415hp. I love this car. This is the most customizable car on the planet. There are thousands of cool add on parts for this car.

2006 Mustang GT
By GH on 11/11/06 10:24 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car, for the money it can't be beat, and I've always been a Chevy guy! (3 Z/28's). The engine has a sweet note above 3000 rpm and pulls solid to 6000. The most surprising thing has been the great gas mileage, it's much better than I expected. I think that there is tons of room for simple, effective performance gains and in a few years 400-500 HP S197's will be everywhere, Shelbys not withstanding,

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.