Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

used to love it...
By bad times bad car

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted the gt for many years, so I finally traded in my Mitsubishi for a 06 tungsten grey mustang gt. Ran great for about 2 months, then the problems started to occur... Ford services departments no matter where you go are no help, your better off saving time and money by going to an aftermarket shop to have any work done. I have owned it for a year and am done putting time and money into it. Though you can customize the car to any extent your better off getting a Dodge, Toyota, anything other than a ford.

The dash was my favorite feature and the only part of the car to not have any problems

Get a tune to have the lag go away if you purchase an automatic. Ford should offer better warranties for a car with so many problems

Good Buy
By Jay

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'll be sad to see mine go. I've had BMW's, Camaro's, and Vettes, and this is by far my favorite car to date. Very reliable so far with only one problem (fuel gauge sensor) but otherwise a perfect all around car. Not too fast (yes there is such a thing), but more than fast enough to get you in trouble on any road.

V8 sound. Best exhaust note ever.

Interior material quality. The 06 didn't have heated leather, but they fixed that in 07. Also a bit more exhaust note would be awesome.

One Super Car
By DC Dave

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 GT with 5,000 miles on it and in absolute perfect condition. This car is a blast to customize and an absolute head turner.

Haven't found anything I don't like

None

Incredible drive
By John

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang new and right away I installed slp loudmouths and a K&N aircharger. I love this car. It's never a dull moment driving it. Just when you think you have it figured out it reminds you it has more when it slams you in the seat while spinning the tires.

Tons of power, insane sound, 1000 watt sound system, knowing I can smoke cars twice its price.

32v engine, front seatbelts hard to reach

Great Mustang!
By Nick

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 06 Mustang GT for two and a half years. Overall, I love this car! The modern-retro look, the powerful v-8, the American-muscle rumble, its got it all. I always love driving it, even in my routine communites. In the world full of soccer mom mini-vans, clunky pick-up trucks, and ho-hum sedans, it feels good driving a car that stands out and demands attention. This just doesn't become a "daily driver car" like your grand am, accord, or malibu. This car becomes a part of you. You'll eventually end up giving this car a name like Shelby, Sally, or Eleanor. This is the type of car that you pass down to your children. So, buy one, throw in your fav AC/DC album, and drive and live!

300 horsepower and 310 ft. lbs torque. The head-turning good looks. Aftermarket goodies. Being a part of American automotive history lasting 45 years. Empty snowy parking lots with the traction control off. After a stressful day, a quick windows down cruise takes the edge off. Love it.

Speeding tickets, the backseat, cargo room, gas mileage, having to put hundreds of pounds of sandbags in the trunk during the winter months. But, without these minor complaints, then it wouldn't be a Mustang. And the only reliablity complaint is that the tail light electronics keep messing up.