Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

One Super Car
By DC Dave

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 GT with 5,000 miles on it and in absolute perfect condition. This car is a blast to customize and an absolute head turner.

Haven't found anything I don't like

None

Incredible drive
By John

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang new and right away I installed slp loudmouths and a K&N aircharger. I love this car. It's never a dull moment driving it. Just when you think you have it figured out it reminds you it has more when it slams you in the seat while spinning the tires.

Tons of power, insane sound, 1000 watt sound system, knowing I can smoke cars twice its price.

32v engine, front seatbelts hard to reach

Great Mustang!
By Nick

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 06 Mustang GT for two and a half years. Overall, I love this car! The modern-retro look, the powerful v-8, the American-muscle rumble, its got it all. I always love driving it, even in my routine communites. In the world full of soccer mom mini-vans, clunky pick-up trucks, and ho-hum sedans, it feels good driving a car that stands out and demands attention. This just doesn't become a "daily driver car" like your grand am, accord, or malibu. This car becomes a part of you. You'll eventually end up giving this car a name like Shelby, Sally, or Eleanor. This is the type of car that you pass down to your children. So, buy one, throw in your fav AC/DC album, and drive and live!

300 horsepower and 310 ft. lbs torque. The head-turning good looks. Aftermarket goodies. Being a part of American automotive history lasting 45 years. Empty snowy parking lots with the traction control off. After a stressful day, a quick windows down cruise takes the edge off. Love it.

Speeding tickets, the backseat, cargo room, gas mileage, having to put hundreds of pounds of sandbags in the trunk during the winter months. But, without these minor complaints, then it wouldn't be a Mustang. And the only reliablity complaint is that the tail light electronics keep messing up.

Great Stang
By KIKI

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car, dollar for dollar the most gratifying car I've owned. After coming off a slug slow but reliable BMW this is a very fun exciting ride. Wife's Audi which left our world last month feeling like a recovering crack addict, put her in the new 2009 flex. Average mileage 60% city 40% freeway/speedway southern california avg hghwy speed 80 mph overall mileage 21 on the Mustang v-8 quite impressive. Can't say enough about this car plan to hit 300k before retirement then it will still be worth a rebuild for weekend duties and fun.

Power, classic looks, handling, exhaust rumble, all-American attitude

More adjustable headrest, engine dressed for the gear heads who want to look under the hood.

Dream car
By jim

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted a lime 68 as a kid but never could afford one. Now I am 50 and Ford not only brought back the color, but they made it look like what I wanted. I had been looking for a 68 or 69 in that color, which is impossible to find so I saw this 06 on the internet at my local dealer. One test drive made me realize that I didnt want an old one anymore. I got the looks coupled with power handling and a quality in the build that the 68 and 69 were lacking. So far I can't say enough good things about the car and hope to get a grabber orange to add to the 89 convertible, 98 coupe and 06 GT that I have now.