2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Best new car I've owned (I've owned 8)
By Super critical on 06/11/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First the bad. Struggling to get a full tank is unacceptable. Turning the nozzle upside down usually fixs the problem. Car is kinda thirsty but for the performance you get on regular gas, it's within the bounds of acceptable. I have an automatic and the hesitation on downshifting is unacceptable and unsafe when driving aggressively. Now the good. In over 39000 miles, it's never left me stranded. Never been in the shop for repairs. Cabin is squeak and rattle free still. Took it on a 8000mi trip and NEVER got out of it with a back ache. Stereo is great. Seat, console and door armrest position is the best I've ever had. I love the car and I'm not an easy person to please. Worth a look!

Close but no cigar
By dave on 05/31/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car is fun enough to drive, but having had the battery die twice in my garage, first time after owning it for two weeks, and again in June 09. Auto feature on windows most times work fine, but often only work one way and not always the same way. Air conditioning is poor most of the time. Didn't work at all once, took it to the dealership- told it takes time to cool off - I guess an hour is not long enough when it's blowing hot air. Next day it worked fine. Wouldn't take it on a trip in hot weather. Would not buy one again. Dealership charged me for an auto emission test, but not necessary if driven under 5000 miles in a year.

2006 V6 Coupe Premium + Options
By dmbandTX on 05/25/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 mustangs recently; a 2002 V6, a 2004 anniversary V6, and my current 2006 V6 coupe. The 2006 is by far the best of the three I've owned. The sleek exterior reminiscent of the fastback look and retro interior are much preferred to the builds in the first half of the 2000's. My model is a torch red 5 speed manual which shifts much smoother than the previous vehicles. Options include all the V6 premium additions plus Pony Package (fog lamps / upgraded grill are sporty). The interior has a limited dark charcoal all leather finish, and the dash is upgraded to include the multi-function display below the speedometer and SHAKER-1000 Audio - much improved over previous MACH systems

She's exactly what I wanted
By Marshall on 04/22/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2006 Mustang GT is my seventh Mustang and by far, the best. The car runs 13's in the quarter, gets over 20mpg, sounds great, and is a blast to drive. Not the best handling car on the road, not the fastest either, but a solid platform that you can make into whatever kind of Mustang you would like. Tons of after market support including: wheels and tires, body kits, suspension system upgrades, power upgrades like blowers, turbos, nitrous oxide injection, super chargers cams, heads, etc... You take care of your Mustang and she'll take care of you. I run premium fuel and full synthetic oil. Follow the maintenance guidelines, don't be cheap and skip over expensive services.

V8 power
By Raul on 04/20/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After owning a 98v6 mustang, and investing almost $2000 on paint, rims, body work, and lights, I new I needed a v8. I bought my gt because I got a good deal, and because I've always wanted a v8 mustang. Acceleration is awesome, you can hear this thing breathe. Handles well also. Takes corners like its on rails. Interior is ok, not as bad as some say, well to my standards. Leather is great, convertable top is awesome. Mpg is not that bad for me. I get around 18 city, and 26 on highway, I have a heavy foot too. Love the retro style... Don't regret purchasing this beast. Wish I had more power, but I can fix that with aftermarket stuff.

Mustang - Fun to drive AGAIN!
By Lovin 50! on 04/16/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Mustang convertible for 3 years. It makes driving fun! Top is down unless it's raining. AC/Htr work fine to keep me comfortable in Texas heat. It's my car... it's my fun....it's my identity!

Have your cake and eat it too!
By Green Onion on 03/14/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We ordered our's Labor Day of '05 and picked it up in Nov. Power, handling, MPG, looks are all amazing. At first, the MPG was awful but it's only temporary. After the break in period, I've seen as high as 26 MPG (at avg. 77 MPH) and regularly get 23-24 MPG on my commute (1/3 city 2/3rds Hwy). I suspect, it could go as high as 30 MPG on a long trip and a moderate 65mph but don't think I never put my foot in it. Plenty have tried but no one has beat me in stop light drags. Handling is surprising for solid rear axle, but would prefer a proper independent rear suspension. There are downsides, heavy doors, squeaks & rattles from dash but this is one of the most pleasurable cars on the road!

used to love it...
By bad times bad car on 03/11/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted the gt for many years, so I finally traded in my Mitsubishi for a 06 tungsten grey mustang gt. Ran great for about 2 months, then the problems started to occur... Ford services departments no matter where you go are no help, your better off saving time and money by going to an aftermarket shop to have any work done. I have owned it for a year and am done putting time and money into it. Though you can customize the car to any extent your better off getting a Dodge, Toyota, anything other than a ford.

Good Buy
By Jay on 02/16/09 09:17 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'll be sad to see mine go. I've had BMW's, Camaro's, and Vettes, and this is by far my favorite car to date. Very reliable so far with only one problem (fuel gauge sensor) but otherwise a perfect all around car. Not too fast (yes there is such a thing), but more than fast enough to get you in trouble on any road.

Sad but True....not worth it
By PhantomrStang on 02/02/09 08:11 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for 3 years. Wanted one since I was a kid. Very unhappy. Squeaks and rattles in the dash, window tint scratches when rolled down, spoiler comes lose constantly, vibration in front end that no one can seem to fix, new rattle in suspension, beginning to have trouble with the drive train, carpet and leather wear terribly, windows are beginning to leak when washed, more wind noise etc. This car was garage kept and babied, there is no excuse for this horrible quality. Though it was fun to drive and gets lots of look I will likely never buy Ford again! Go with the Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus or what ever else you are looking at!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.