Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Working man's sports car
By P51 Flyer

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Opted for 5 speed and 18" polished Bullitt style wheels. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. Looks good and has enough oomph to get you in trouble. Almost couldn't keep the car 'cause I didn't tell the wife about it. I have a bad habit of trading cars in every year! This is my 3rd Mustang and it keeps getting better and better. Will keep this one for at least the life of the loan. Previous ones I had were model year 2000 and 2002. I'm a fan of American muscle cars, old and new. This has high "bang for the buck" factor!

Favorite Features

Torquey V8, pretty smooth 5 speed, and overall looks.

Suggested Improvements

Same complaint about placement of cup holders.

2006 Mustang GT
By MIKE D

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Big bang for the buck. Roomy enough for two and space for luggage. Great styling inside and out. Constantly get positive comments on redfire color and 20" wheels and tires. Great handling and breaking. Acceleration is great and lays rubber on command. Great rumble from dual exhausts--may upgrade to Ford racing exhaust. Worth every penny of $31,000 price tag!

Favorite Features

MYCOLOR lights display.

Suggested Improvements

Offer GT with turbo or supercharger.

Holds up in accident...
By She holds up well...

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I put about ten thousands miles on my Mustang so far and I cant stop. I love the feel of driving this hot car. I was hit on the freeway in LA...the other cars were totaled and I drove away. I was so grateful that I had a tough built Mustang. It really holds up. And always take your Mustang to the Ford dealer for body repairs. I had to learn the hard way.

Favorite Features

Badge, wing spoiler, stereo, power, sound of the car, all the looks I get.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the interior materials, put the ignition somewhere else, more electronic gadgets, more decals and body options.

1800 miles...Review #2
By VC

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Check my first review on 6/8/06 after a week of ownership. Now I've had my Tungsten Gray GT Premium/5 speed around 6 weeks and almost 2K on the odometer. Wow! I use the car as my daily driver (mixed commute) and I'm averaging 22.5 mpg. The car has really settled in and the shifting is smoother now. I can still say that I get a smile on my face every time I fire her up plus I have gotten a lot of people to stop me just to talk about it...everyone loves it! I'm still in shock that the car is so comfortable/economical for a V8 muscle car. Ford has really come a long way from my '67 Fastback 289 cu.in. in the areas of quality, driveability and safety...not to mention "out of the box" performance.

Favorite Features

Interior is very comfortable and the seating position is great...everything is where you need it. The 6 disc changer is awesome...packed with great features. I love the exhaust note (it's loud when you want it to be and silent when cruising on the highway at 70-75 mph). Handling is a perfect balance.

Suggested Improvements

A few quirks: the turn signal "click" is kinda too loud. I still wish for a bit more storage space in the interior (change drawer, door pockets, etc.) but, hey, it's a sports car not an SUV. But then again, I'm getting MUCH BETTER gas mileage than my wife's SUV so there.

Amazing Car - Too much fun
By Darrell

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive and very comfortable during distance driving. I've owned it 2 months and still can't get the smile off my face. The only negative is the interior. The plastic is cheap but the overall car makes up for it. The car is a head-turner.

Favorite Features

The ride and fun factor.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials and design.